Innovative Marine Aquariums

my list of clean up crew

roxy25

Personally, I would swap the fire shrimp for a peppermint or cleaner, but that's just me. Also, turbos get kind of large, so you may want to have just one of those and add more trochus instead.

Personally, I would swap the fire shrimp for a peppermint or cleaner, but that's just me. Also, turbos get kind of large, so you may want to have just one of those and add more trochus instead.

what are your reasons for the PS or CS?

thanks anyone else

bank_vault
1 blood red fire shrimp

3 turbo

2 trochus

3 nassarius

2 cerith

I'd knock it down to one turbo, they get huge and are an eye-sore in small tanks. The rest sounds good.

what are your reasons for the PS or CS?

thanks anyone else

I've heard that fire shrimp can sometimes be mean and attack small fish.

I'd knock it down to one turbo, they get huge and are an eye-sore in small tanks. The rest sounds good.

whould it be better to sub the turbos for Margarita Snails?

maragaritas are good. i find them a tad more touchy than astrae though and not as fast eater-wise.

btw are the turbos true turbos/mexican? or are they lfs labeled astrae/turbos? (i hate it when they do that) if they're astrae, 3~4 is fine. if they're mexican turbo (temperate) i'd pass on them altogether.

maragaritas are good. i find them a tad more touchy than astrae though and not as fast eater-wise.

btw are the turbos true turbos/mexican? or are they lfs labeled astrae/turbos? (i hate it when they do that) if they're astrae, 3~4 is fine. if they're mexican turbo (temperate) i'd pass on them altogether.

well since I don't have any good LFS near me I have been ordering online

so I guess they are the real turbos

I was look at dr foster and smith

is there any other good online stores to get a clean up crew?

liveaquaria.com's fine (sponsor)

seacrop.com is also very good (sponsor)

exoticfish.com has very good pricing

marinedepot.com has good selection (sponsor)

the last three are cali companies and seacrop and exotic are LA area suppliers. i thought you mentioned you were from LA so that might be a better option.

i prefer a snail-only crew as they're less prone to knock around or rearrange frags. nass, cerith, astrae, and stomatella are my recommends and a combination of them is best for substrate turnover and algae defense. i typically pick/choose depending on the physical issues of the tank (e.g. ceriths might get stuck in certain overflows, etc.).

Archived