SaltCritters.com

OMG THERE IS A FREAK IN MY TANK!i!

RLiu818

I GOT SO SCARED WHEN I SAW THIS THING!!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS HOPEFULLY SOME OF YOU CAN ID IT FOR ME!!!

there is this little hairy orange tentacle that was reaching out from under a crevace. this was after i fed flakes to the tank inhabitants and the scent must have drawn him out as this tentacle was reaching for some flakes outside the crevace.

i am not exactly sure if this is a tentacle or an actual worm but it kind of looked like the "thing" was sucking food through the tentacle.

i dunno if this is a starfish or hairy orange octopus or some kind of worm. please help! im scared to touch my rock now.

You have to excuse my cheap Logitech Pocket cam but these are the best pics i can get. The thing circled in red is the tentacle thingy. It's orangish colored and its hairy! The round white thign next to it is my blue leg hermit.

photo123.jpg

The red things in the photo are the flakes.

Here is my drawing to clarify. I also included the blue leg hermit next to it eating its flake meal with the tentacle reaching out.

drawing123.jpg

The green things in the photo are the flakes. Sorry the flakes arent same color, sorry to confuse.

Originally posted by Rocket_155

It's just a bristtle worm nothing to worry about.

yeah, based on your description and photo, it wasn't certain. thanks for the mspaint jobbie.... it really cleared things up. don't worry too much about it.:| :D :|

What are you doing choking on your tongue? If it were really the case, you'd be going

AACKKKKKKA AKKKAKKK HAKKKKKAAA HA-*** and the EMTs would find you sprawled out on the floor w/ a long cylindrical thing in your mouth - chewing on a cucumber, posting and laughing at the same time?

Archived