SaltCritters.com

3 Gallon pico inverts?

Argent

I'm working on putting up a 3 gallon invert only pico for my desk at work -- I was wondering what kind of crabs I could put in there (and how many)

I was thinking of a few blue legged hermits and some snails (not sure what kind) but I'm looking for other suggestions for inhabitants. I plan on having about 3 pounds of live rock and black tahitian moon sand and no corals.

My LFS has one of these tanks set up and I saw at least 2 blue leg hermits with a small cleaner (Skunk) Shrimp and a brittle star, they tend to change the inhabitants from time to time I have also seen the same tank with an anenome crab in it. As far as snails go I would get bumble bee snails they tend to be a little smaller and their black and yellow stripped shells would look cool on your black substright.

Hope this helps if you want me to take some pics of the pico at the LFS just PM me.

P.S. They also have a feather dusters

pictures would be cool!

anyone know how many critters I can put in a tank that size?

Sexy shrimp are always a good bet, I'd rather have 3 or 4 sexies that interact than 1 skunk that will probably end up looking too big & getting all lonely ;)

Pistol Shrimp! I'm maintaining my 2.5aga even after moving all my corals to a ten gallon just for "sparky" (it sound remarkably like an electrical discharge when he snaps). My friends and I love to get him riled up, and push little bits of sand in his hole, which he hates, but in the end he always gets a piece of mysis out of the ordeal. He's a good sport.

What kinda of stuff do you feed inverts? Should the tank become self sustaining eventually? (food-wise with LR) I plan this weekend to take my tank home, move it's inhabitants over to my 15 gallon and then clean it up and hit the LFS for small pieces of LR and my black moon sand, a heater, a small pump/powerhead and 4 gallons of salt water. The plan is to have it back up and starting to cycle in the office on Monday.

Pics will ensue shortly thereafter.

I love my nass. snails. They are tiny (about pea sized) and have that awesome little snout sniffing everywhere. Very active little guys, too.

Pistol shrimp with goby gets my vote. I've got one in my Picotope, just waiting till I move the bigger tank to introduce him to his finny friend.

• 4 months later...
Galloping Goose

Argent!

A strawberry crab would be cool, I even saw a super tiny pipe fish at my local fish store. Was like 3/4 inch long and maybe only a couple millimiters thick. A couple of bumbelbee snails are would also be nice.

POM POM CRABS, get a couple of them. and purple pocelein crabs, the two coolest crabs, if I have a pico, I would do a crab tank, they generally like to hide, so you could see them better in a pico.

Pistol shrimp with goby gets my vote. I've got one in my Picotope, just waiting till I move the bigger tank to introduce him to his finny friend.

Hi,

Do you cover your picotope since gobys are good jumpers?

I have a picotope too, and I'm am wondering if I shoud cover it, and with what?

I plan on have a 3 stripes damsel or a small goby.

Archived