inTank Media Baskets

pics of moving zoa

anndi

here is two pics of this guy that moves from place to place. Can all zoanthids do this?? The first shot he is facing forward out the front of the tank, and in the second shot he is still on the same rock but on a different side of it that faces out the side of the tank....

post-18930-1146500452_thumb.jpg

post-18930-1146500478_thumb.jpg

here is two pics of this guy that moves from place to place. Can all zoanthids do this?? The first shot he is facing forward out the front of the tank, and in the second shot he is still on the same rock but on a different side of it that faces out the side of the tank....

That a majano(sp) or tulip anemone. Zoanthids don't move freely, they spread but not move from place to place. I thought the same thing the first time I found an anemone in my tank.

so...get rid of it??? the pics i see of the majano look more like anemones...mine really looks exactly like a zoanthid, with the flat center and a skirt...are there other variations of the majano that look zoanthid like?

so...get rid of it??? the pics i see of the majano look more like anemones...mine really looks exactly like a zoanthid, with the flat center and a skirt...are there other variations of the majano that look zoanthid like?

Anndi-

Yep. A small anemone. But I don't think this is a pest anemone. That is, not one of those that will multiply like a weed. I had 2 of these type in my last reef tank and they traveled extensively but never bothered anything. Then one day they disappeared.

Btw, nice christmas colored zoanthids on that 2nd pic :D

Haha!

Stan

SplitSequence

it looks like a rock anemone to me. They're quite hospitable to their neighbors, for anemones. You shouldn't have a problem with him doing anything bad, but he may grow quite a bit.

matter1331

personally I'd get rid of it, but that's just me. In my opinion all it's going to do is move around and potentially sting livestock.

he has behaved very well thus far...he hasn't even moved from that rock just every side of it...i will keep an eye on it and remove it if it causes trouble.

About the Christmas Zoas :) Thanks Stan :) I got them from this guy who sells really nice zoa frags at really good prices :)

he has behaved very well thus far...he hasn't even moved from that rock just every side of it...i will keep an eye on it and remove it if it causes trouble.

About the Christmas Zoas :) Thanks Stan :) I got them from this guy who sells really nice zoa frags at really good prices :)

LOL :lol:

Archived