Cultivated Reef

Zero Edge Aquarium

RandalG

Not a 100% sure this is in the right forum so feel free to move this if its not.But this is sort of an all in one tank.

I attended IMAC on Saturday and for alittle while on Sunday.I got a chance to see a few talks and made some new friends/contacts.Overall a great learning experience for me.A tank I saw that impressed me that you guys may or may not be aware of was the zero edge aquarium.There was a few different sizes and shapes.Its an acrylic look down tank where the water overflows over the sides of the tank into a drain that goes into a sump in the stand and then gets pumped back in to the bottom of the tank.A little pricey but a very cool design.Heres a link:

Zero Edge Aquarium

Randal

Those are awesome. They are like infinity pools. A pretty cool centerpeice to a living room if you ask me.

reefnoobs

cleaning algae off of that thing would be a PITA; instead of scrubbing coraline on just one side you have to do it for both side of the glass.

Aquatic Discoveries in Troy MI has a couple of those set up. They are incredible. I sit and stare at them for long periods of time while I'm in there.

Reefer Addict

I've been thinking of picking one of these up. I'm just not sure where in my house to set one up...

stoney waters

A lfs near me has a similar one set up next to the register. Last time I was in there a lady thought she would set her purse on top, Oops. I laughed with the owner, he said its happened before but mostly people lean against it while talking then leave the store with wet pants.

Those are defiantly beautiful tanks. I bet the evaporation rate is crazy.

Reefer Addict

It states on the site that the hex tank loses about a gallon a day... An ATO is a must IMO.

vthondaboi

evaporation and heating

there was a zero edge tank being passed around my local club for quite a while

deacon hemp

Im currently building a pico sized DIY right now in the pico forum.Its almost ready for another round of pics.The full size zero edge brand name ones are very pricey and they still rely on a check valve i belive?Pandabehrs bigger cube is sweet,its in the members forum.

IMO you could just build one of these if your handy with tools,no need to spend $1500 or whatever they are.

Archived