Pod Your Reef

Live rock Face off

FireDog

Ok here is the quetion which has the better live rock?

Premiumaquatics.com

Or

Tampa Bay Saltwater www.tbsaltwater.com

Has anyone bought from both? Or see live rock form both

Fishfreak218

i didnt like some of the bad things that came on my TBS rock.... there is this purple macroalge that is taking over everything.. and then the halmidea went crazy and then it died.. and now it looks bad.... but i think i got a pistol shrimp.. but im not sure

Here's some premium aquatics rock I just got a few weeks ago. This is the day I got it after ground shipping and rinsing it off in a bucket. Its now curing before it goes in my display. It's marshall island rock. tank009.jpg

tank008.jpg

tank007.jpg

Here a sample of what it'll look like a few months later. I think this is kaelini from my first batch I ordered a while ago. newtank032.jpg

I've never really got a whole lot of hitchhikers because of the ground shipping. (I'm cheap) But the rock is excellent, corraline is great, and there's plenty of life in it (worms, pods, etc..) Plus, they're great guys to deal with.

The premium aquatics roc looks nice thanks for the pics. That is the first time I heard of any problems with TBS. Did the bad out weigh the good?

I've heard similar bad things about TBS rock. I got 20lbs. from premium aquatics two days ago. My first impression was a bit disappointed because it lost most of the color I see in the pics on their site but just after two days all the color is starting to come back. I also got a couple of orange corals of unknown origin. I love it!

ezcompany
So far premium aquatics is winning. I am surprize that not more people have responsed

there are a lot of threads on LR. you'll get A LOT of answers.

i got my 10 lbs from Premium Aquatics. Not bad stuff, but a little lacking in color IMO. its been over a month and a half now and i think some color is coming...i'll have to wait a little longer.

in my next tank i'm thinking of getting LR from aquariumarts over PA and TBS. they seem to have the best curing process of LR, though the coral rocks from TBS looks tempting...

PA all the way! Of course, they're local so I don't pay shipping. Really, makes the decision process a lot easier.

I know that there are alot of posts, but thought it would be interesting to see who was better. so far its 3 to 0 in favor of PA with a few add ons. I have not seen alot post on the other stores. just keeping a tally

I went to aquariumarts wed site and it really sweet, and i like the way the package the rock in water not wet newspaper. the price seems cheap. anyone else heard of them?

ezcompany I thought u liked TBS beacuse they ship in water? Plus have you checked out aquariumarts they are in Bakersfield not that far from LA. They also ship in water. Know anyone that used them?

bigbabich

I have NOT used TBS but I know a few people who swear by them.

The shipping is pricey but if you live near an airport you can get the shipping relatively cheap I think.

One of my buds who got from them got so many hitchhikers he didn't purchase anything else for months, just sat and watched his rock critters and corals.

ezcompany

i've only bought LR once, and from Premium Aquatics.

my next one is aquariumarts, and Bakersfield is 2 hours from LA, so shipping it is.

The hitchhikers sound tempting but the dense rock and bad hitchhikers scare me off. it so hard with out being able to hand pick and see it before you buy

Ok here it is i went with aquariumarts and their rock is great and 3 days in with no ammonia. The rock is so nice i have a hard time placing the rock so i dont cover up the color. Great stuff and cycled well. I opened the box and not hint of rot. highly recommend

Ok here it is i went with aquariumarts and their rock is great and 3 days in with no ammonia. The rock is so nice i have a hard time placing the rock so i dont cover up the color. Great stuff and cycled well. I opened the box and not hint of rot. highly recommend

PICS!

Archived