Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

minibow 7 sps tank

matter1331

I finally have my mb7 setup with a fuge and running stable, so I put my first sps in last night. I'm running a 10000K 70w MH and a 32w actinic pc for lighting. I have a CPR 12" hang on back fuge being run by a maxijet 400 and there's also a microjet MC450 which does about 117 gph. post-14893-1146271729_thumb.jpgpost-14893-1146271757_thumb.jpgpost-14893-1146271773_thumb.jpgpost-14893-1146271788_thumb.jpgpost-14893-1146271814_thumb.jpgpost-14893-1146271833_thumb.jpg

Awesome! Looks like a promising tank. The hardest thing about nano sps tanks is maintaining stability. With the addition of a fuge, though, this should be much easier. Keep us updated!

that wrasse is a little punk! Everytime I lean in to watch what he's doing he flips his tail at me and even flips sand at the glass, he's pretty tough. I'll be adding a green birdsnest this next week, I'll post some more pics then.

Nice tank. I love seeing small sps tanks. The only thing i have to say is dont add too much at once and dont do anything too expensive yet because i did and boy did it hurt to lose it all. Now my system is doing better and im starting to add in little by little.

Godd luck with tank cant wait to see it in a couple months.

matter1331

Thanks for the advice. I'm taking it pretty slow right now. I might add the last one for the time being in a week or two. I'm doing a full test on the water tomorrow and a water change as well. I haven't spent anything on the corals, they're all frags from the larger 215 my dad and I have, so it's nice to have some cool test peices. But I feel they'll do great, I've been making sure I'm not overlooking anything and taking my time.

matter1331

My latest addition is a 2" derasa clam. It's not fully open in the picture, I might have to move my powerhead so it doesn't get hit with too much flow, but we'll see.

post-14893-1146783044_thumb.jpgpost-14893-1146783060_thumb.jpg

brent-konieczny

I like that green calcerous algae on the left. It's a great indicator of your calcium supply cause they grow fast while your sps not as fast.

matter1331

newest addition is a green birdsnest which should be interesting to watch grow since it's been doing very well in our big tank. I also have a pic of my sargassum shrimp, he made his way from the fuge to the display. I caught him down in Texas City when our local club participated in a collection with a Houston club. He kind of looks like a bigger anemone shrimp.

post-14893-1147484991_thumb.jpgpost-14893-1147485003_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
My latest addition is a 2" derasa clam. It's not fully open in the picture, I might have to move my powerhead so it doesn't get hit with too much flow, but we'll see.

How's the clam doing? I've been considering adding one to my tank and was curious to see how others were handling it. Great looking bird's nest as well.

Archived