Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Contest Poll

ereefer

New Contest  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you willing to enter a new nano contest?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. what size reef do you want to participate in?

• 1 gal
    • 2.5 gal
    • 5 gal
    • 10 gal
  3. 3. Entry fee

• $20
    • $15

I agree thats a very good idea

:D

Thank you. Why don't we go the distance and go for a year long contest? have a three week getting equipment around time and take an obscure picture on the contest start date and have photo's submitted once every 2 weeks????

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you. Why don't we go the distance and go for a year long contest? have a three week getting equipment around time and take an obscure picture on the contest start date and have photo's submitted once every 2 weeks????

how about this:

1 month to build the tank

1 month cycle (for people who are starting totally new systems)

months 3 - 12 for tank maturation

how about this:

1 month to build the tank

1 month cycle (for people who are starting totally new systems)

months 3 - 12 for tank maturation

Sounds good, I say 12 month maturation.

OK, Rules

5 gal is open, so rules on sump size are really all that apply...???

10 gal stock, what lighting? pc i assume? Nightlights, sump? skimmer? etc?

5 gal is open, so rules on sump size are really all that apply...???

so should it be 5g display + 5g sump? also, how should custom tanks be dealt with? since an aga 5.5g isn't really 5.5g, should the volume of cutsom tanks have to be equal to the volume of an aga 5.5g?

I like it your an idea's man :)

maybe a month to get the equipment together?

i like it all a 5gal custom sounds great an i already have a 5 gal :D

I like it your an idea's man :)

maybe a month to get the equipment together?

i like it all a 5gal custom sounds great an i already have a 5 gal :D

What stipulations on the 10 gal though? I am concerned with the lighting issue, this will detirmine what corals can really be kept.

Also 5 gal with 5 gal sump sounds good. Maximum water volume of 10 gal. so if you have a 5.5 then water volume in sump can only be 4.5? why not just say max 12 with skimmer and sump and plumbing in consideration.

Is it ok to run a 5g sump on the 10 gal?

sorry just a few loose thoughts

Also 5 gal with 5 gal sump sounds good. Maximum water volume of 10 gal. so if you have a 5.5 then water volume in sump can only be 4.5? why not just say max 12 with skimmer and sump and plumbing in consideration.

when people talk about a 5g tank they usually mean a 5.5 (at least if they are talking about AGA), so a 5.5g display and a 5.5g sump?

when people talk about a 5g tank they usually mean a 5.5 (at least if they are talking about AGA), so a 5.5g display and a 5.5g sump?

yes, sounds good.

Let's talk about the 10 gal category

What about another pico? Say like less than 3 gallons total volume? Because i want a tank for my computer desk, and something that small would look nice :D

What about another pico? Say like less than 3 gallons total volume? Because i want a tank for my computer desk, and something that small would look nice :D

see custom 5.5g

:haha: I guess we have ourselves two categories.......

Time for a new poll huh?

well, i'm gonna do a custom5.5 whether it it part of a contest ornot, it would be nice to do it in conjunction with a contest though :P

well, i'm gonna do a custom5.5 whether it it part of a contest ornot, it would be nice to do it in conjunction with a contest though :P

I get my tax return friday, it's on now!

do i get to play this time?

why not?

I get my tax return friday, it's on now!

spent mine months ago :( gonna have to work some overtime to afford this tank!

Ohhh OK, so the 5.5 custom is anything below 5.5?

no, but it was pretty much already decided that we would be doing a 5.5 and a 10, so the 3g you suggested is close to the 5.5g. I guess we could add a third category, but the more categories we add, the fewer people will participate in each category.

Oh ok :D I would just join in the 5.5 then :D If i made it L shaped it would fit in :D

or really tall maybe! plus, this definitely isn't solidified or anythng. more than anything, i think this thread is full of overexcited people (including myself) who want to at least talka bout a contest even if we can'thave one right now. i'm guessing it will be at least a few months before there is any official talk of a new contest.

or really tall maybe! plus, this definitely isn't solidified or anythng. more than anything, i think this thread is full of overexcited people (including myself) who want to at least talka bout a contest even if we can'thave one right now. i'm guessing it will be at least a few months before there is any official talk of a new contest.

Yeah :D Gives a while to stir up some ideas anyhow :D A tall L shape....hmmm now ya got me going :P

Yeah :D Gives a while to stir up some ideas anyhow :D A tall L shape....hmmm now ya got me going :P

yep, unfortunately i have already formulated my ideas and WANT TO START MY NEW TANK!!! oh well, patience :happy:

yep, unfortunately i have already formulated my ideas and WANT TO START MY NEW TANK!!! oh well, patience :happy:

:D:lol: Im in the same boat, already gorne and got a MH for this contest an all the parts to make a DIY Skimmer, i need some patience aswell might just go play with my car for a while :P

:D:lol: Im in the same boat, already gorne and got a MH for this contest an all the parts to make a DIY Skimmer, i need some patience aswell might just go play with my car for a while :P

yeah, i need to finish this semester before i dive into a new tank! luckily i only have a week or so left. B)

Archived