Innovative Marine Aquariums

Small Black & White Eel-looking Fish

madness

OK. This ID request is a really wierd one. I'm planning my reef tank and I saw a fish that I really liked when I was visiting New World Aquarium in New York City around Thanksgiving last year.

The fish was in the front window display tank. There was a group of two or three black eel-shaped fish with white spots. They were very shy (especially for fish whose front yard is a New York City street!). And they were about 2-3" long and 1/2" tall.

Do you live in NYC? Have you seen these fish? Do you know what they are?

Dogfish black picus? anything 2-3 inches in a LFS is bound to get big. Picus there gets 3 feet but sells for 2 -3 inches. Its black with white spots and long like an eel. Black leopard Wrasse?

Good Luck

Doh! Of course I could just call them. But, then what would we have to talk about? :blush:

Thanks for the pointers. I looked around the web and I think convict blenny is the right answer. I'm going to give them a call anyway just since I should have done it in the first place!

madness decided to share:

Doh! Of course I could just call them. But, then what would we have to talk about? :blush:  

How stupid of a post this is and the fact that you admitted it?

Advice: What Crakuer and Satchmo said.

reef5C27tardsdontposthere.gif

Archived