SaltCritters.com

Knop C Co2 Reactor for 46AGA bow

kcproud

I am thinking of making a future purchase of a Knop C CO2 reactor for 46 Gallon bowfront aquarium. I have been doing a little research on them and from what I read this can be a good way of cutting down on annoying supplements. I have been using C- balance one my 10 gallon nano and just ordered another gallon of it in the mean time. This is an expensive investment but if I can make my tank more automated and avoid under or overdosing ALK or CAL it will be worth it.

I wanted to know what some other people who have small tanks think on the use of a CO2 reactor. Is the KNOP C or any reactor worth the purchase on such a small tank? Anyone that has one please reply.

C02 reactors are good for maintaing Ca levels not necessarily raising them? Knop reactor is expensive no? Take a ook at the myreefcreations reactors they have gotten very good reviews and are fairly cheap. Unless you can get a cheap regulator and c02 canister you are pretty much at $300.00 regardless.

I thought about getting one but I mostly keep LPS and softies and topping off with kalk does the trick for me. If you are interested in the myreef one look at lunchbuckets tank I believe he has one.

Knopps rawk. The Ca Reactor is minor... the REAL winner here is the needle valve. get the BEST quality needlevalve possible, and your Ca Reactor will bore than prove its worth. Once you have a Ca reactor, you will find your tank will be so stable, you can walk awayfrom it and NOT worry.

Just be sure to re vent the effluent returning to your tank through a sump or PRE filter (ie hang on or PH) to mix the LOWERED PH effluent water back into the tank.

ca reactor is prolly THE BEST investment for my tank. i could NOT keep up w/ alk/ca using bionic and kalk on my 10gal...so when i switched to my 20H i got a www.myreefcreations.com nano reactor..i kind of sparked him into making smaller nano sized ones. that thing RULES. quite a bit bigger than needed but heck then when i upgrade i will have a reactor :D

i would get the co2 kit from him too. in total will cost >300bucks about 160 for reactor and 150 for co2 kit. then a co2 bottle and a pH monitor or pH controller. NOT A CHEAP INVESTMENT but worth EVERY PENNY. you will pay a LOT more for a knop!!

Here is my nano reactor page

ca%20plumbing%201.JPG

ask any ?'s you need

Lunchbucket

I have one I am getting from GeoMwebb in the next 2 months. It also is a double pass ( and is MUCH better than singles IMO) It seems to be the ONLY thing that will stablize one of my tanks. I think someone should DIY a mini calk reactor plan up and implement it.

• 4 weeks later...
Lunchbucket

yeah i was like WOW and a-hole now!!

my words are

#### OFF if you don't like the pic

Lunchbucket

ps that was a dave-ish response :D

Your calc. reac. looks cool to me, i have my schuran now (german like the knopp), and yes its way too large for my tank, but like you say and i'll agree, it will balance my tank (16-17gall).

I take it its running good, was it easy to set up and what drives it ? I'm using back pressure from a pump to run mine, ive got a peristaltic pump which was to run it with, but back here in the uk there's complaints of the rubber tube splitting way before its due date, and hence my tank is upstairs i cant risk the leak thing.

Anyway my pics are in the below link, take a look if you like, this is all part of a reset though so its dry at the moment, still waiting for some bits to be delivered, and then i'll be set.

cheers

lee

:) :) :) :)

super, exactly how im going to do mine, a tee off before a restriction from 12/16 line down to 9/12 and returning to 12/16, i'll use back pressure too.

Running from an eheim 1048 as my main circulation loop for my other equipment too.

was the flow easy to set and maintain ?

cheers

lee

:) :) :) :)

Archived