6g Nano Cube filtration compartments

PaNo617

Hey guys i setup my 6g nano cube last night and i just left the filtration compartments the way it came. I know alot of people change things around. One thing i really want to do is put my 50w heater in the 3rd compartment like many i have seen, but its stocked with those bio balls, should i remove them? place them in one of the onther compartments?

Obsessed Reefer

take out the bio balls and ceramic rings. take out the 3 sponges. put filter floss in the first chamber. change it every 2 days. most ppl make chamber 2 a fuge. put filter floss on the top of chamber 2. put your heater, pump, and carbon in chamber 3.

^^that is what i did. works great.

take out the bio balls and ceramic rings. take out the 3 sponges. put filter floss in the first chamber. change it every 2 days. most ppl make chamber 2 a fuge. put filter floss on the top of chamber 2. put your heater, pump, and carbon in chamber 3.

^^that is what i did. works great.

Ok, in chamber one: i have 1 sponge, chamber two: has the carban and the ceramic rings. chamber three: has the bio balls and pump. Now i don't think there is enough room in comparment 3 to put a 50w heater and the carbon plus the pump...

Obsessed Reefer

well originally I threw out the stock carbon bag...i think its charcole not carbon but idk the difference, and bought my own.

Mine fits. I have the heater on the side by chamber 2, pump in middle, and carbon on the other side.

but you can keep the carbon in chamber 2 if you want. just take out the bio balls and ceramic rings. they are nitrate factories.

well originally I threw out the stock carbon bag...i think its charcole not carbon but idk the difference, and bought my own.

Mine fits. I have the heater on the side by chamber 2, pump in middle, and carbon on the other side.

but you can keep the carbon in chamber 2 if you want. just take out the bio balls and ceramic rings. they are nitrate factories.

Ok, i took out the bio-balls and the heater fit nicely. I'll probably be picking up some live rock tomrrow and i'll pick up some small rock pieces to put in chamber two with the carbon. I'll probably just leave the heater and the pump in chamber three.

Here's what I have in each chamber in my 6g Nano:

C1: Temp probe, Chemipure bag, Seachem bag

C2: LR RUbble, Chaeto, Light

C3: 50W Jebo Heater, MiniJet606

Works great--defineitely recommend throwing out the sponges, bioballs, and rings. Nitrate traps!

Good luck and welcome!!

• 5 months later...
shelleyBoston

Do you fill the sachem bag with chemipure?

did you put it at the bottom of the chamber? I am setting my 6G nano now looking for info on filtration

Thanks...! :)

Here's what I have in each chamber in my 6g Nano:

C1: Temp probe, Chemipure bag, Seachem bag

C2: LR RUbble, Chaeto, Light

C3: 50W Jebo Heater, MiniJet606

Works great--defineitely recommend throwing out the sponges, bioballs, and rings. Nitrate traps!

Good luck and welcome!!

Archived