SaltCritters.com

Bubble Coral: Wheres the Bubbles?

MJD

I just opened my box of corals from saltwaterfish.com and the bubble coral doesnt look like bubble coral at all! Theres just a skeleton. Is this normal?

This is my first time getting LPS shipped to me. Will the bubbles inflate?

Quick responses will be greatly appreciated,

MJD

I just opened my box of corals from saltwaterfish.com and the bubble coral doesnt look like bubble coral at all! Theres just a skeleton. Is this normal? ... Will the bubbles inflate?

I think what you are seeing isn't abmornal. Go through the normal acclimation steps and keep an eye on it.

There are a couple healthy-looking fogspawn and bubble frags at my LFS that are mostly skeleton with a live polyp in the middle and they took most of a week to properly extend.

My first frogspawn frag was like that as well. It didn't look normal until almost a week had passed.

I still dont understand.

What don't you understand?

The coral is ticked off and has withdrawn as far as it can. Once it is in the tank and spends a little time in a pleasant temp, salinity, and lighting (not too much at first), it'll come out.

If it doesn't, either: 1) they sent you a bum frag, 2) it didn't take to your tank, 3) you didn't acclimate it properly, or 4) some combination of the previous 3.

Bubble coral do have skeletons.

It should inflate once its acclimated.

It tends to retreat back to the skeleton once it's stressed, touched, or under nightlights.

vinnyismyname

its normal my bubble coral dose that whene a fish comes to close or stresed its normal it will inflate once aclamated as dds4 sead

Thanks

I acclimated it first by putting the bag in the water for an half hour. Then dripped for 45 minutes. I could now see a couple sac like bubbles. But only around the outside.

Did anybody else order bubble form saltwaterfish.com?

MJD

Sounds fine..Continue acclimating..My bubble deflates almost every night to just a skelton. I have had it for over 10 years and is contiues to thrive...

Archived