Pod Your Reef

I've got a TON of hitchhikers

whatisee

So here's my new little project. The ever popular 20L. I'd been looking high & low for the best rock that I could find. All over the internet....bugging everyone here. Well, I finally went and looked at what the LFS had, and look what I found to my surprise.

20L.jpg

I guess the rock came from Florida were it was aquacultured somewere. None of the purple coraline has died off, and I continue to find new things every day. The rock has been in the tank for 2 weeks and was sitting in the LFS for 2 weeks as well.

Things found:

3 Cucumbers - unknown type

7 clams

The tank

20 Gallon Long

20 lbs Seachem Kona Coast Aragonite Sand

18 lbs of Floirda Reef Rock

3 lbs Carib Sea Aragonite Reef Sand (leftover from Nano)

Aqua Clear 50 Powerhead

Aqua Clear 70 Powerfilter

150w Metal Halide

1 Mexican Turbo Snail

3 Astrae Snails

3 Nassarius Snail

1 Scarlet Leg Crab

6 Electric Blue Crab

20 Mexican Red Leg Hermit

Fluorescent green Horn Coral - Hydnophora

Candy Cane Coral

Montastrea

Leather Coral

Purple Mushrooms

wwildcats04

looks really nice Im excited to see more pics once its been set up some more. I also have a 20g its a great size tank. are you going to skim or no? Be careful w/ the cucs

looks really nice Im excited to see more pics once its been set up some more. I also have a 20g its a great size tank. are you going to skim or no? Be careful w/ the cucs

I don't think I'm going to put a skimmer on at the moment. Right now the only thing I'm using to filter is Renew by Seachem. Nothing else, and my water seems to be prety clear with very little particles floating around. I'm pretty good about changing water every week, so I also think that helps out.

I was considering turning my Powerfilter into a mini-fuge, so we'll see if I need it then.

I was wondering about the Cucumbers. I can't tell what type they are yet. Which ones are bad?

• 3 months later...

Here's a picture update on my 20L...I can never seem to get a picture of my watchman goby, peppermint shrimp, and pistol shrimp. But here's what I have so far.

The tank is 4 months old I believe

post-17849-1155088528_thumb.jpg

Fishfreak218

i also had a ton of hitchhikers... but thats cause it came from someones 225g. reef :) i got all these as hitchhikers:

mushrooms (3 varieties)

zoas (4 varieties)

gorgonian

Mushrooms

Palythoas

GSP

i also had a ton of hitchhikers... but thats cause it came from someones 225g. reef :) i got all these as hitchhikers:

mushrooms (3 varieties)

zoas (4 varieties)

gorgonian

Mushrooms

Palythoas

GSP

I still have all the hitchhikers that came with the rock. It's pretty cool IMO. Here' what it's c urrently stocked with. I'd love to add 1 more fish like a 6 line wrasse, but I don't have a top on my tank.

1 Yellow Watchman Goby

1 Pistol Shrimp

1 Peppermint Shrimp

1 Queen Conch

3 Astrae Snails

3 Nassarius Snail

4 Mexican Nerite Snail

1 Scarlet Leg Crab

4 Electric Blue Crab

20 Mexican Red Leg Hermit

Electric Blue Crocea Clam

Frogspawn