Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Good External pump (Not mag) for 20H CL SPS

Charlie97L

topic says it all... i need an external pump for a CL (probably off of 2 sea swirls or 4 loc line nozzles) for an SPS 20H. i'd prefer not to go mag as i've had problems running those externally.

thanks!

panworld / blueline

(same pump, different name)

marine depot carries the panworlds. they rock.

what kind of GPH Should i look at... it's 20G with a 10 gallon sump, and maybe a 5 gallon fuge.

if you are running this pump in a closed loop, i'd look at the 50PX. That will give ~600GPH at no head. if you are concerned that that will be too much flow, the 40PX (~500GPH @ 0h) would work too. I would really only run this through a CL though. All that water through an overlow and 10g sump will be LOUD!

if you are running this pump in a closed loop, i'd look at the 50PX. That will give ~600GPH at no head. if you are concerned that that will be too much flow, the 40PX (~500GPH @ 0h) would work too. I would really only run this through a CL though. All that water through an overlow and 10g sump will be LOUD!

sweet, thanks, yeah i'm running like a mag 5 for the sump.

Eheim rocks. Quiet, reliable, and long-lasting, albeit expensive.

I'm not a fan of the metal screws on the so-called "reef-safe" Mag-Drive pumps... <_<

My Ehiem is awesome! I only have one complaint, though. It's TOO quiet! I was hoping that the gentle humming sound of the pump would drown out the annoying whine of my lights' fan and the sizzle of my skimmer. No dice. I can't hear the pump at all!

Oh, and it's too expensive (I guess that's TWO complaints), but worth every penny.

My Ehiem is awesome! I only have one complaint, though. It's TOO quiet! I was hoping that the gentle humming sound of the pump would drown out the annoying whine of my lights' fan and the sizzle of my skimmer. No dice. I can't hear the pump at all!

Oh, and it's too expensive (I guess that's TWO complaints), but worth every penny.

noted guys, maybe i'll do some eheims for the CL and the sump return.

Archived