SLOreefer

fragging kenya tree

SLOreefer

ok well my kenya tree has connected itself to my base rock but is still connected to the rubble it was on. well it kinda connected part wasy up its trunk i guess you would say. is it ok to just cut off the base with a razor or would this cause an infection or somehting? or is there a known way to frag these corals.

NanoReefer53

Actually this is how Wayne showed us at the SeaBay meeting. His website is http://www.underseadiscovery.net. He had slides of fragging it the same way. He had a piece of rock near by that it grow onto then when it firmly attached, he just got some scissors and snipped it.

SLOreefer

hey nano did you know that some of the clams wayne has are camerons? he is watching them for cameron while he moves his tanks to his new house in ohio. wayne is a pretty cool guy.

jay2k2

i am getting a kenya tree coral frag soon from my cousin. that thing grows sooo fast and they get soo big!

Dave ESPI

I had a HUGE kenya tree that was gorgeous... unfortunately it died after a move. My tomato clowns used to sleep in it at night. I would love a frag of yours please PM me if possible. I have some pulse xenia that shipps well fer trade

SLOreefer

right now it is so small that it is going to take a while... ill get some too you probably in about a month and then we can work something out...where are you from dave?