Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

sps problem

pico1

I had sps in my stock nano cube 6 and they were not doing very well so I am moving them to my 55 gallon reef with 2, 150w 14000k metal halides. Where should I place them now that they've been acclimated to the new tank?

it depends on what species they are. also, keep in mind that they need quite a decent bit of flow...i don't think that a maxijet 1200 and a 'surge' 3500 return pump are going to be enough flow for ANY sps in a 55g tank.

also, what store were you talking about that had the black tip shark here in sac?

there monti caps. and go check the shark thread I replied

BTW I'm still adding another mj 1200 soon so I'm workin on flow so no worries there.

So where should I put them?

Since they need to go in I put them about 1/2 up and in a high flow area. Should I move them or are they good where I put them?

if they're just caps you can put them anywhere. make sure to acclimate them to the lighting though-- otherwise, you end up risking bleaching them all.

don't bother with another maxi...buck up and pay for a seio from somewhere online. i would recommend buying a 1500, at least. not only the sps will benefit, but all the corals you add to the tank will. :)

buck up? I just spent $530 on lights! Man this hobby is expensive :rolleyes: It's not really about the money anyways it that I don't want a big pump that makes the tank look ugly or like a science experiment.

it depends on what species they are. also, keep in mind that they need quite a decent bit of flow...i don't think that a maxijet 1200 and a 'surge' 3500 return pump are going to be enough flow for ANY sps in a 55g tank.

also, what store were you talking about that had the black tip shark here in sac?

Theres a white tip reef shark and a Nurse shark at O street aquarium if thats what your talking about.

Archived