Pod Your Reef

too much fish?

anndi

I was looking at an office tank where my husband works today....is this too much fish in a 29 gallon?

1 purple firsfish

1 lawnmower blenny

1 false percula

1 angelfish...black and silver, sort of looked like a freshwater angel.

Just curious.

I was looking at an office tank where my husband works today....is this too much fish in a 29 gallon?

1 purple firsfish

1 lawnmower blenny

1 false percula

1 angelfish...black and silver, sort of looked like a freshwater angel.

Just curious.

I would think the first three would be fine. Not sure about the 'angel'... kinda interested in what kind of fish that was... could you search WetWebMedia and find a pic, or are you going to make me do it? :)

yup thats the one, banggai cardinal. looked it up...i had no idea that a 29 could house all of that. i thought the lawnmower blenny needed a big tank with lots of algae.......wish i could decide what to put in my 24..i change my mind everyday.

by the way, your photography is amazing, jeremai.

yup thats the one, banggai cardinal. looked it up...i had no idea that a 29 could house all of that. i thought the lawnmower blenny needed a big tank with lots of algae.......wish i could decide what to put in my 24..i change my mind everyday.

by the way, your photography is amazing, jeremai.

Yeah, if it's a Banggai, I would scrap the blenny. You're right, they do best in large tanks with lots of microalgae. Some feed on sheets, I believe, so who knows?

Archived