SaltCritters.com

Looking for advice on the most benifial fish and invertebrates

nanomano5442

nanomano5442

hey I am looking for advice on the most benifical fish and invertebrates for my 12g cube. (any thing that will help my reef live and last along time)

Detritus eater would be cool some kind of small star or crabs. herbivorouus blennis if ppl know of one that is good in a small tank or things that can eat my overgrowing macro-algae in my refugium.I here of lots of ppl buying fish and inverts that are not working out like the pet store had let on. If you and more ppl could help me make the right choice befor I am sold on a bad one, the advice could save me time and $$$$ oh yeh and no tangs dude :slap:

nassarius snails rock. I am also a fan of turbo snails for bigger tanks. I run my 12ncdx with 3 crabs and 4 snails. Keep in mind that a healthy tank will in time develop a rich population of detitus/algee eating pods, bugs ministars and the like.

Also, dont over do the fish. No more than two and youll do better to get one of thoes fish from the teeny tiny bioload category, not just "nano-fish"

nanomano5442
nassarius snails rock. I am also a fan of turbo snails for bigger tanks. I run my 12ncdx with 3 crabs and 4 snails. Keep in mind that a healthy tank will in time develop a rich population of detitus/algee eating pods, bugs ministars and the like.

Also, dont over do the fish. No more than two and youll do better to get one of thoes fish from the teeny tiny bioload category, not just "nano-fish"

cool thanx what do U recommend from the teeny tiny bioload category?

and what type of crabs do you have?

firefish gobbies or other very small gobies. I have a firefish and a pearly jawfsih in my 12. I would think herbivorous blenny would also be very small biolad.

red headed gobies, green striped gobies, clown gobies (as long as you see them eating things other than coral slime)..... look at the nano-fish at liveaquaria and read they're info to make sure they're compatible with a tank that small, they have a decent assortment or types and examples. Don't take everything they say as the reef bible though, if you have doubts ask someone.

Brandon

nanomano5442
red headed gobies, green striped gobies, clown gobies (as long as you see them eating things other than coral slime)..... look at the nano-fish at liveaquaria and read they're info to make sure they're compatible with a tank that small, they have a decent assortment or types and examples. Don't take everything they say as the reef bible though, if you have doubts ask someone.

Brandon

thanx dude that exsacly Y I love this forum, ask thousands of ppl not just some kid

in a store.thanx again :D

thanx dude that exsacly Y I love this forum, ask thousands of ppl not just some kid

in a store.thanx again :D

haha, that's funny actually, while I'm not at college I am one of those kids (well not really a kid anymore since I'm 20) but yea, there are knowledgeable people in LFS's just have to be careful.

Brandon

herbivorouus blennis if ppl know of one that is good in a small tank or things that can eat my overgrowing macro-algae in my refugium.

I'm still new here myself so I could be wrong but I dont think you want something to eat your overgrowing macro. You should remove it from the tank/fuge to remove the nutrients it used to grow. If you let something eat it, it will just put the nutrients back in the water.

nanomano5442
I'm still new here myself so I could be wrong but I dont think you want something to eat your overgrowing macro. You should remove it from the tank/fuge to remove the nutrients it used to grow. If you let something eat it, it will just put the nutrients back in the water.

yea sorry I just stoped thinking there dude U right :huh:

Archived