Sea_Of_Treachery

lighting  

7 members have voted

1. 1. which fixture should i get?

• 20" Current Satellite 2X40w
    • 20" Current Orbit 2x40w
    • 20" Coralife Aqualight 96w quad

Sea_Of_Treachery

ok gotta take the pod hood off, and i do not want MH. which fixture for my aquapod?

tank temp right now - 86.5

I answered you other post also. I took both ballasts out of my hood and put in a CA 2X32 Sunpad retrofit. I have done a lot of mods to JBJ tanks, but did not have the time to mess with it so I bucked up. That, the extra fan and popping out the plastic between the vents will completely take care of your issues.

If this is a 12g, then you may consider a MJ900 in place of your MJ1200. Puts off much less heat and is plenty of current for 12, especially since you have a 600 running.

Try the odyssea t5ho 48w and change the reflectors for the Tek ones and the bulbs for quality ones. I have this fixture and runs cool, also right now is maintaining my tank that have a condy for over a year and a porite sps that I found in the beach a week ago, it was bleached and right now have grow a lot of new polyps. The fixture is stock and have 8 months; I planning in add the new reflectors and bulbs in a few weeks. If you want I can post pics of the condy and porites.

Pablo

the orbit is a nice fixture, but the quad is definitely more bang for your buck and will light your tank nicely for most softies and some lps, good choice. I run a quad when I have my 10 gallon reef here at school ( I left it home this semester and miss it dearly)

Archived