Begining Filtration Questoins

Mini_GBR

I just started my cycle this past weekend with 30 lbs of live rock in my 24g NanoCube and wanted to know what others have done with their filtration when they started their cubes and what people might suggest doing with each chamber and if they used all their sponges, carbon, etc... Thanks,

mike

Obsessed Reefer

Take out sponges, bio balls, and ceramic rings.

Put the carbon on top of chamber 3 so that the water goes through it right before it goes into the tank.

Filter floss in chamber 1 to capture deterius(sp?)

Many turn Chamber 2 into a mini fuge with a light and cheato.

GOOD LUCK AND :welcome: to NR.com

nanomano5442
I just started my cycle this past weekend with 30 lbs of live rock in my 24g NanoCube and wanted to know what others have done with their filtration when they started their cubes and what people might suggest doing with each chamber and if they used all their sponges, carbon, etc... Thanks,

mike

In my 12g I have (chambers... #1- in the filltration i use filter floss and CHEMI PURE 4g in a nylon bag poshban 1g in a bag. #2- is a refugium with one small peice LR rubble and some macroalgae (chaeto) . I have a 50/50 small screwin bulb on the back #3- I have the stock powerhead and another powerhead(about a 500) with tubing running out to the front of the cube,also 1 pouch of ALGON that I going to take out soon

Archived