Pod Your Reef

Oldest Clowns Alive

O Fs

Well I was surfing the net when I came across this site

http://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-ClownFish.htm

This is where I read:

Quote..

" Lifespan: 3 - 6 years generally, but see comment below from Dudley who has a pair of percula clowns that has been alive for 27 years! "

" Percula Clownfish can live much longer than once thought. Mine are the oldest I know of and they are 27 years old and have lived the last 24 years with no anemone. The less animals you keep in the tank, the better their chances of survival. You can see mine at http://www.geocities.com/wefoundnemo "

---

Just something I thought would be interesting to share :lol:

• Wow 1

wow... that is crazy old for a fish!!! I have 2 ft. long koi fish in my koi pond thats only like 7 years old... and i htought my fish were old! way to keep them alive!

:) sorry to push in on your topic, but i had 2 fw loaches and a corydora catfish that were 14 years old, sadly they died when i moved house, the change was too much for them i guess.

sorry about your loss michelle, to have a fish for so long and have it die, is like losing a family member

=(

nice don and rawny, your fish are older than my little brother ! ha!

Edited by O Fs
  • 14 years later...

Very cool to see them live that long. I guess if I am lucky I will get to grow old with my clownfish. They are about 5 or 6 years right now.

• Like 1