Coral Vue Hydros

Coral Beuaty

flick

I just went to fish store...and ive always planned on adding a coral beuaty...

So would one be fine in a 15gallon?...with 30lbs of LiveRock, an occellaris clownfish?.... The tank will have a 70w MH, aragonite sand, heater, two powerheads, aquamini fuge, and perfect water conditions?.....

Flick

B)

I have seen them in well established 10 and 20 gallon tanks. If your tank is stable and has enough room for it to swim around then it should do ok.

I think i will be fine. All parameters are good...theres lots of room....and all is doing perfectly well so far! I dont know yet, but were moving the end of July...and that is when im getting more LR....and im keeping my clown in a 10g until the new rock is done cycling....So, i was thinking that what if i just upgrade to a 20 gallon since either way, im buying more LR...and that 5 gallons bigger can mean success or death right? So that if i did get the 20gallon, i would probably get the 20g high...with the 70w MH, 30lbs of LR...and all the other stuff. Would a sand bed of 1cm-2cm be fine or a FOWLR tank?....becuase i wouldnt want to get a new 20lbs bag of aragonite if i only need 5-10 more lbs....

Flick :)

Please don't add a coral beauty to your tank :(

I had a friend buy me one unexpectedly so i had to put him into my tank (16g, same dimensions as yours just 1" taller)

There wasn't enough room for him to swim around as they are active swimmers and he caught his eye on one of the rocks which did some severe damage, this damage lead onto high stress which killed the fish just over 1week of being in the tank.

I'm upgrading to a 36x12x15 tank with this tank as a sump but i'll never consider adding a dwarf angel to a tank smaller than 4ft again :(

Dan

AHHH!!!

These fish need to swim, and they do it constantly. Think of them as more colorful tangs - I wouldn't keep any Centropyge in a tank less than 40 gallons.

Plus, you want to add a territorial fish to a tiny tank that already has another territorial fish (the clown)?

PLEASE don't get the angel.

So no? :( :( :(

What can i get then?...for a 15gallon with a ocellaris clown....and green chromis whos probably leaving when we move...but hes cute..so maybe not...lol? I was thinking diadema basslet, a blenny, or canary wrasse....some thing cute, colourful, and active.... Which is why i thought of a coral beauty. Would a pygmy angel be a good choice then?...Or....

Even the Cherubfish would be pushing it. The basslet or goby (depending on the type) would be a much better choice. How about a swissguard.

Think tiny, inactive. Clown gobies, yasa hashe gobies, etc.

bonecrusher71

:D Id go with a 20GL tank has plenty of room to swim just have live rock

And live sand or seed it with current set up.

Have freind with this exact set up with same fish. :lol:

I dont like clown gobies at all!...lol

Id love to have a black occellaris for a freind for my common ocellaris....but i hardly see them! If i see one, ill get him!...but if not, then.....ill go with a yellow tang....

hahah...joking about tang...

Would someone be able to write down a list of what can go in my 15g with an ocellaris and single green chromis in a FOWLR tank?...

Flick :) :)

Two fish in a 15gallon is not pushing it!?!?! They are both under an inch!....

So many people have like 4-5 in their 15 gallons...i have 2 little ones now! Im just looking for a small, active colourful one for tank....

They'll grow larger. Both fish have high bioloads compared to clown gobies and similar. Many people have too many fish in their tanks or otherwise do the WRONG THING. Believe it or not. :rolleyes:

So many people have like 4-5 in their 15 gallons...i have 2 little ones now! Im just looking for a small, active colourful one for tank....

yes it is...

anyone has 4-5 fish in their 15g tank is either a moron or wants to watch their reef turn into an insane asylum for fish.

although it is very difficult for people, you need to think about the health of your fish BEFORE your desire to fill your nemo tank. when you purchase a fish or any other pet for that matter, it is YOUR responsibility to provide the best habitat that you possibly can for your pet. for a saltwater fish tank, this means not overloading your already small fishtank with a bunch of fish. please practice responsible reefkeeping by not overloading your tank.

Those one inch fish will also eventually outgrow your 15gal. It doesn't take long. Maybe when those fish outgrow it you can re-evaluate your stocking plans. I mean an addition of a small fish is possible but you would need to preform ritualistic water changes; and everyone knows water changes cause stress aquarium occupants. So it's not the ideal conditions for the specimens in your tank (which every organism in your tank deserves). We owe it to the ocean, to care for what we steal from it to the best of our abilities.

I got a 46 gallon bowfront...for my cichlids..... So im not allowed to do 29gallon salt anymore.... :(

So, i think im going to swap my green chromis for another occellaris clown....there are stunning ones at numerous pet shops around me....so then ill just have a pair of occellaris' in a 15g...thats ok right?.... Ive seen a pair in a 12g, 10g, and one pair was eevn in a 7g which did get removed.....

I got a 46 gallon bowfront...for my cichlids..... So im not allowed to do 29gallon salt anymore.... :(

So, i think im going to swap my green chromis for another occellaris clown....there are stunning ones at numerous pet shops around me....so then ill just have a pair of occellaris' in a 15g...thats ok right?.... Ive seen a pair in a 12g, 10g, and one pair was eevn in a 7g which did get removed.....

that should be ok... but keep in mind, they can outgrow it everntually. i've seen clownfish that were roughly the size of a hot dog roll.

that should be ok... but keep in mind, they can outgrow it everntually. i've seen clownfish that were roughly the size of a hot dog roll.

Hehe. Adn that's ecactly where they belong - a hot dog roll. Probably tastes just like trigger :)

Aren't occellaris clowns pretty aggressive if they are not mated pairs?? I would suggest that you make sure your second clown is a different size...

How come you dont like the Chromis? There pretty active swimmers, more so than the clown.

John

Archived