jstewart0

ID help??

jstewart0

102-0294_IMG.JPG

This is a piece of florida lr I got from my lfs.  It has been in the tank for a couple of months now.  I cant figure out what that blue thing is in the photo.  Sorry the picture is kinda sideways but that was the best shot I could get.  Anyway it is soft (you can move it around if you touch it).  It doesnt put out any tentacles or anything but it has definately grown since I first got the rock, right now its about 2 cm long.  Any guesses?

Nishant3789

im not sure which one ure talking about but AWSOME live rock! very pretty, how much did u pay for it?

nishant

jstewart0

I paid $7 a pound but it is pretty dense stuff.  They had one small rock covered in caulerpa that I got too.  They were unpacking the rock when got there so I picked the best pieces.  It is great rock though, I would recommend it to anyone.  There is so much live stuff on it. Thanks!!

printerdown01

If you are talking about what I think your talking about, it appears to be a small sponge... -Best guess from me and the people standing around me right now, lol.

Toyfreek

If you are talking about the calcerious tube thingys I THINK they are tube coral;family Faviidae as per the gulf view site.

HTH,

Toy

ParticipationTrophyWife

Could it be some kind of foraminiform?