Coral Vue Hydros

RICS!

Helfrichs Chick

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful ricordeas, I need to start getting some myself. Last time I got ricodeas they melted away. I think it was because of my lack of acclimation to my halides. I need to add 3 layers of screening next time or at least two. One layer wasn't enough. Could have been my tank temp. too at 84F.

mascencerro

Finally got my first ric yesterday. Went to the LFS for some Reef Plus, and one of the rics that was attached to a piece the owner wanted $90 for had detached, and I made a comment about it, and he said "Give me a second and I'll get it for ya and you can have it". Not too bad I don't think for free.

Pics aren't the best because my camera started flashing the low battery as soon as I turned it on, so didn't have time to adjust anything.

ric.jpg

and just a pic of some coralline I thought I'd get before the urchin gets to it like it got to the last one:

cor.jpg

how did you frag them...Did you just cut off a small piece from them? Or did you slice it down the middle of the mouth?

Here are pictures of my new ricordeas. Hopefully they don't die, and melt away.

100_2632.jpg

100_2631.jpg

Me too. Those are awesome. I love yumas. Usually the greens and browns don't always do too well. I found that not removing them from the water to often if at all and not touching them and low flow helps their survival chances.

Its a Florida Ricordea, Ts been doing great in my tank, its fully healed from fragging in 1 week. I only have four Rics in my tank, so I hope to get some more soon.

Propagator, I wanna make out with you! JK but nothing turns a girl on like Rics. Man those are amazing. My guys are really nice colors, but not growing as fast as I would have thought, I think its cause I move them way to much trying to see where they look best. I kept 8 out of the 50 order, and doing another order tomorrow. Getting 15 on Sat. Totally excited. Propagator do you sell any of yours to fellow nano-lovers through here? I would be really interested if you did. Thanks!

Hey why are my pictures not showing up? Never posted a pic before how does it work. Thanks

I am dying to see your tank! Did you figure out the whole posting pics thing? I am new to the whole coral concept. I have a small ric that my LFS gave me. I love it!!! How long does it take for them to spread? What do you do to feed them?

Helfrichs Chick

WOW this thread is getting bigger by the min. Thansk all for the pics! And thanks to all who voted for my photo in the contest!

And a shot I took earlier today.

post-19268-1175752327_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Helfrichs Chick

skittles.jpg

Eh new pic. Kepping the thread alive lol. Is it me or are rics the new Zoas. Seems like more and more people are wanting them.

skittles.jpg

Eh new pic. Kepping the thread alive lol. Is it me or are rics the new Zoas. Seems like more and more people are wanting them.

lol, I'm thinking so!! Awesome ric collection BTW! B)

Archived