inTank Media Baskets

RICS!

Helfrichs Chick

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
< still think they look like a weird STD haha. Why does that last pic look like a hairy shroom to me? Didnt think Yumas had spiked branched polyps. We sure this is a Yuma?

Pacific Yuma is what I was told by the LFS, but they could be wrong... I just haven't seen shrooms this big before though.

Shawn, that sounds like a cool yuma. You could PM me a pic of it if you'd like, sounds like maybe it could be bleached?? =/ Hopefully not, but maybe place it higher to the light or in a medium flow area. Actually medium light and lower flow...

Nice Matt,

:D

Not quite a ric, well none that most are used to... But this is my newest ric addition, a Pacific yuma. Pacific's go for less $$$ since their color is miniscule compared to Florida rics and yumas. This one is about "2.5 in diameter and only cost me $25. The LFS I got it from had another that was almost "4 in diameter, HUGE! Pacific yumas are known for growing to large sizes. Without further adeu, my Pacific Yuma... This particular one has a tint of green to it with a bright green mouth which is what sold me on it:

pacific_yuma.jpg

thanks quy:) my first one! and many to come, lol

Miriam those blues are nice!

jon that's a really nice yuma. i wished mine would only look like that

Matt, when it splits I'll send a frag your way:)

thanks

Awesome yuma, Jon!

And Miriam, I like the colors in your's, I wish i could afford a colorful yuma right now... :tears:

thanks quy:) my first one! and many to come, lol

Matt, when it splits I'll send a frag your way:)

thanks

Too kind Miriam! :) I have a blue ric with 3 mouths that should split pretty soon, I'll have to send the split your way once it does.

• 2 weeks later...
Helfrichs Chick

AWWWW YEA BABY. Just got a nice big box of rics in today! Will post pics later of the batch. They look shhhhaaawwweeet!

AWWWW YEA BABY. Just got a nice big box of rics in today! Will post pics later of the batch. They look shhhhaaawwweeet!

sheesh, rics are so expensive! where do you order them in bulk, ebay?

post some more pics of your new batch when you get a chance!

Helfrichs Chick

Adin those are wicked groose. VERY diffrent. Yes the batch looks good and if I told you I would have to kill you .. evilgrin0013.gif

I got some "yellow" ones. I will wait to see if they are actually yelllow (I have read there is not such thing) or they are just bleached. They look yellow in the bag, not clear just yellow, but they are pretty closed up. Weird.

Calling all ric experts...I posted this on my tank thread but thought I'd also post it here in case any of you ric fans have seen something similar.

I came back from a meeting and took a quick look into my tank and this is what I saw omgomgomg

ricattack.jpg

To my horror, the tangerine yuma had extended itself and was "sucking" the life out of one of the candycanes! It was clamped onto the candycane and eventually let go. The candycane looks pretty bad. It slimed up, appeared to have holes in its flesh, and was showing skeleton. I didn't realize yumas could be so aggressive towards other coral. :scarry: Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Scored some $5 colonies yesterday. There's 4 polyps on one colony and 6 on another. Nothing compared to others that I've seen so far in this thread, but can't beat $1/polyp. :P

D2X_5897.jpg

D2X_5913.jpg

Helfrichs Chick

Depends on the size and color, I dont ship BTW, Its mostly for my service clients. I ended up keeping a few this time for my personal collection.

Archived