Innovative Marine Aquariums

RICS!

Helfrichs Chick

on topic, i had a quick ? about ric's. i have a base rock in my NC12 with multiple green and orange rics on it. it posted on other forums but not quite getting the answer. can i pry one off? i'm trying to thin out the area...they are getting all jumbled together and i would like to add some blue or purple to the area. i dont want to chisel the rock because it sits on the glass bottom. does anyone think i can just pry the ric off.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are you guys getting all these amazing rics?! I want some SOOOOOOO bad haha. I only have one small one...and i may get a rock with a few on it. But i haven't found ones that i really really want. So suggestions....cause lfs's around here dont have to great of ones if they even have any

:)

Ric.jpg

Dang!!! That's a sweet one PieNinja :bowdown:

Junkitu, that's one wicked cool softie tank.

Thanks halfpint! I'm glad you like it. Check out the link to my thread in my sig below for more pics. :happy:

Helfrichs Chick

Yea PIE thats a really nice one!!!!!! As for LEW, I would ask Prop. he has a lot of experience with rics. I have also but never wanted to remove one from a rock.

I'm very interested in ricordea's as well. Too bad I can't find any good ones here in San Francisco. Currently in Santa Cruz, no ricordeas here...

I'm very interested in ricordea's as well. Too bad I can't find any good ones here in San Francisco. Currently in Santa Cruz, no ricordeas here...

You may have to come over the hill or go up to the city (SF). Check out Dolphin Pet Village in Saratoga/Campbell.

At the request of Helfrich’s Chick, I am posting my soap dish rics. :lol: I guess thats where they will stay for awhile since I didnt think about placement before I bought them :happy:

100_0384.jpg

Here's my Ric florida garden (all of which are from sealifeflorida) that will become the basis for my future Ric tank. I plan to propagate the heck out of these and sell/trade my way towards better looking ones, particularly yumas. :D

004_Ricordea_garden1.jpg

You can see the full-sized pic of this one in the Gallery section of my website (www.MikesReef.com)

Here's a pic of my lone yuma (I plan on several more in the next month)

Purchase16.jpg

Helfrichs Chick

lol I am not a huge fan of Yumas, I think they look like they have an STD :o

I HAVE seen some nices ones thou, reds and yellows. I have never come across one, maybe I will order one with my next big ric order.

Not quite a ric, well none that most are used to... But this is my newest ric addition, a Pacific yuma. Pacific's go for less $$$ since their color is miniscule compared to Florida rics and yumas. This one is about "2.5 in diameter and only cost me $25. The LFS I got it from had another that was almost "4 in diameter, HUGE! Pacific yumas are known for growing to large sizes. Without further adeu, my Pacific Yuma... This particular one has a tint of green to it with a bright green mouth which is what sold me on it:

pacific_yuma.jpg

matt that looks like a corse pancake =] i got a yuma but doesnt seem to be doing very well in my tank so im not going to take any pics.

in case anyone ins intrested in trading one of their ric for my white/orange yuma let me know and i'll get a picture to you x]

Helfrichs Chick

< still think they look like a weird STD haha. Why does that last pic look like a hairy shroom to me? Didnt think Yumas had spiked branched polyps. We sure this is a Yuma?

Archived