SaltCritters.com

RICS!

Helfrichs Chick

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reeefermadness

great pics guys... i will get pics up soon, helfrish chick, where did you order from this time?

what is the best way to attach them for rocks, using super glue? i have a bunch, but they are all loose, and keep getting swept around in the current...

Does anyone have any special techniques for acclimating/introducing yumas to your tank? I've added floridas without any problem but yumas always seem to be unhappy.

mahi mahi boy
Photoshop is never a good way to show off your rics.

BUT..... WELCOME TO NR.COM ANYWAY !!!

ROFL.....I was about to say, that thing looks like it's emitting photons! :lol:

eastcoaster70
Propagator's definitely in a different league but here's a pic of my floridas

IMG_0819.jpg

I have my Florida's in a location where they get a moderate blow of flow every 1/4 turn from my hydro-flow and I'm wondering if this could be harmful to them. It's by no means a high flow, but I read that they prefer a very low flow, which this location really isn't. Would the Ric Gurus please advise me on this??

Thanks!

I have my Florida's in a location where they get a moderate blow of flow every 1/4 turn from my hydro-flow and I'm wondering if this could be harmful to them. It's by no means a high flow, but I read that they prefer a very low flow, which this location really isn't. Would the Ric Gurus please advise me on this??

Thanks!

I'm not a guru but my floridas like low flow and curl up when they get blown on.

Propagator hands down seriously has the best and collest collection of rics I've ever seen!!

Anywho, here's my submission to this thread since I too love rics (about as much as I love zoas). I know some might call out photoshop on this pic because of the appearance of the coralline on the rocks and how it looks liquid like, but i assure you all I snapped this pic in the dead of night as a timed exposure for about 4 seconds (I can't recall the exact time amount) at ISO setting of 50 @ f3.1 with NO flash. of course the ric isn't really that blue, but it's typical ricordia blue by day. It has 3 months and inflates to I'd say a good 3 inches across. I occasionally feed it a "soup" mix I prepare or even whole frozen mysis which it hungrily eats right up!

ricordia11.jpg

reeefermadness

where do you guys order your rics from? i want to buy like 10 or so, all diff colours, and pref not attached to anything. who has the best prices/selection out there? thanks!

mahi mahi boy
where do you guys order your rics from? i want to buy like 10 or so, all diff colours, and pref not attached to anything. who has the best prices/selection out there? thanks!

sealifeinc.com has some. That old-diver Ken is awesome.

Here's a new interesting Florida ric I picked up from the LFS the otherday... it's a neat orange with a lime green skirt and mouth, looks awesome at night under the blue LEDs!

gre_orng_ric.jpg

circusordie16

heres my huge blue ric that has 3 mouths and is slowly but surely splitting.

Ric_001.jpg

and heres my green ric that used to be twice as big but it got stung by a candy cane for about a week before i could get home to move it.

Ric_004.jpg

Ahem............

Img_0476.jpg

Thats a pic of my old 20l ricordea propogation tank.

There was about 250 in there when that pic was taken.

I now keep them in a 40 breeder. :)

All those in favor of breaking in to Props house ? I'll bring bring the styro coolers if someone else wants to bring critter bags.

The beauty of this plan is that the police would NEVER believe that someone broke in just to steal tank critters.

mahi mahi boy

WOW! Dude, will they look like that only under the moonlights? Will a 96W PC / CF actinic 03 let the colors rip like that? What moonlight(s) are you using?

Archived