ReefCleaners.org

RICS!

Helfrichs Chick

WOW! Dude, will they look like that only under the moonlights? Will a 96W PC / CF actinic 03 let the colors rip like that? What moonlight(s) are you using?

Pretty much any blueish light will make the colors pop in my tank so long as the coral isn't blue. Here's where I got my lights R2Lights. Considering Marine Depot charges $29.99 for a single unit, these were a steal at $41.99. Check out how my other corals look under these lights in my gallery

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my collection

12-6-06112.jpg

Very nice! I just saw a big rock like that with at least that amount of similar colored rics at my LFS today. One of them had like 4 mouths on it, insane!!

• 2 weeks later...
Helfrichs Chick

Been away for a while now back. Thread is movin, I want to ask what lights everyone has thier rics under. I am buying a 70w Halide today. Its DIRT cheap and thats the only reason lol. I am gonna try it but I am assuming that its going to be too dim. I will probally post it for sale here if it doesnt work out. So let me know what you all have your rics under. Sorry I have no pics still, getting a good camera for xmas so I will soon!

circusordie16

heres my new red ric i just picked up from the lfs. i put it in about 2 minutes before i took the picture so its not looking its best.

Picture_0124.jpg

Nice ric's. Got a quick question. Are Yumas hardier than Ric Floridas? I have both and the yumas are doing great but the floridas seem to keep shrinking on me. My peach one from a local reefer has disappeared all together. Any advice?

I have them all on the sandbed under 13 inches of water and 150 mh 14k 10 inches above the water. Everything else in the tank is doing well, from the mini carpets, zoa's and encrusting monti. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The ones I got from sea life florida

slfrics-1.jpg

slfrics2-1.jpg

Just had them there for the pics. They're on the sand now, and I still need to get the green to attach to something, but they're stunning in real life!

Helfrichs Chick

Well its that time again!! RIC group buy. If your in AZ and want to get in on this email me @ flyingraphics@yahoo.com Sorry I will not ship only locals.

I got another new RIC yesterday, but it's not in a good spot to take a pic of it right now unfortunately. :( It has an orange outer ring and a blue inner ring and the brightest green mouth I've ever seen on a ric for a long time!!

This is the best pic I could get of it from it's current location:

ric31.jpg

I got another new RIC yesterday, but it's not in a good spot to take a pic of it right now unfortunately. :( It has an orange outer ring and a blue inner ring and the brightest green mouth I've ever seen on a ric for a long time!!

This is the best pic I could get of it from it's current location:

ric31.jpg

Sweet color combo!

not bursting my bubble, my wife posted that. She's a little crazy on strange posts sometimes. Any idea what that mushroom is though if it's not a ric? There are 5 or 6 on there and all of them have that same appearance.

I think that rics are really neat looking and was wondering if I could keep them. I have 6w/gallon of power compact lighting in my 30g. BTW, you guys have some really nice rics! :bowdown:

Also, can you place them on the rocks, sandbed, both or does it matter?

Archived