Innovative Marine Aquariums

RICS!

Helfrichs Chick

DogfoodEnforcer

i have a few rics...

my first two...

urchin021.jpg

my green/yellow rick eating a mysis shrimp...

gramma004.jpg

i got this ric rock on boxing day...pretty sweet...

gramma030.jpg

im not sure what kind of mushroom this is (tonga or something?)...but it's cool...(got it as a freebie). you can also see a purple w/ pink skirt shroom in the background.

urchin009.jpg

corals049.jpg

corals045.jpg

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Diane!

I'll try feeding it today and see how that goes.

The LFS didn't sell it as a 'white ric', they just recently opened and sell out of their display tanks as they are still setting up their coral tanks. It was $10 so I thought it was a pretty good deal. The reason why I say it is white/clear is because the lower part of the (fingers?) are whitish or clear looking. This is something I haven't seen in any other ric. The tips are extremely bright orange and green, it is actually the most vibrant colored coral I have, its the first thing you notice when you look at the tank.

I'll attempt to get a closer shot.

Edit with macro shots...

2007_12310003.jpg

2007_12310005.jpg

it bleached as stated. the spots look to be where it getting its color back. it also looks to be ready to split. good deal for 10$ just keep it in the low light and it should color up real nice.

on another note, heres one i got that they say is yellow.

ric002.jpg

Well thanks for the help Diane and Reefone.

It seems to be doing better now and attached itself completely back to the rock its on. I had some difficulty feeding it, my emerald and hermits kept stealing the food before it could consume it, ill have to try placing a glass over it next time.

And if anyone is interested ill update its progress on my AP24 thread.

im not sure what kind of mushroom this is (tonga or something?)...but it's cool...(got it as a freebie).

corals045.jpg

urchin009.jpg

Yeah, I'd say one of the myriad kinds of Rhodactis. Sweet freebie!! I have a very similar one and love it for its beauty and activity. Congrats. Very nice rics as well!

First post here, figured I'd start with a pic of my rics!!

12-30-07tankpics017.jpg

:welcome: to Nano-Reef! Gorgeous yuma, and nice pic!

it bleached as stated. the spots look to be where it getting its color back. it also looks to be ready to split. good deal for 10$ just keep it in the low light and it should color up real nice.

on another note, heres one i got that they say is yellow.

ric002.jpg

Nice to get a 2nd opinion! And I have a yellow that looks very similar to yours. I'd expect xADUBx's to look something like that when it's fully recovered.

Well thanks for the help Diane and Reefone.

It seems to be doing better now and attached itself completely back to the rock its on. I had some difficulty feeding it, my emerald and hermits kept stealing the food before it could consume it, ill have to try placing a glass over it next time.

And if anyone is interested ill update its progress on my AP24 thread.

I always feed my mobile CUC first. Sometimes I give each of them a sinking algae wafer with forceps--keeps them busy while I'm feeding my corals...OK! I'll be following this story on your thread. So far so good!

--Diane

lilredneckman
First post here, figured I'd start with a pic of my rics!!

12-30-07tankpics017.jpg

Actually it is a yuma, basically the same thing.

The difference is that a yuma has a furry mouth but a ricordia has no bumps on the mouth.

EDIT"spelling

Just started collecting these guys so my collection is still small.

Before

P1010021.jpg

P1010058.jpg

After a Month

P1010056-1.jpg

I will update with a recent shot of the bleached one.

Yumas

IMG_1669.jpg

PictureorVideo012.jpg

Actually it is a yuma, basically the same thing.

The difference is that a yuma has a furry mouth but a ricordia has no bumps on the mouth.

EDIT"spelling

Actually lilredneckman, his is also a Ricordea....Ricordea yuma. You are referring to Ricordea florida. They are both Ricordea.

lilredneckman
Actually lilredneckman, his is also a Ricordea....Ricordea yuma. You are referring to Ricordea florida. They are both Ricordea.

Wow i am stupid. Sorry for the incorrect info.

+ 1

Thanks for chiming in with the correction and saving me the trouble! I think we're all going to have to keep correcting this misinfo every time we see it as it is one of the most widespread misunderstandings around. (So don't feel bad, lilredneckman!)

--Diane

DogfoodEnforcer

man...i woke up this morning with no urges to go out and buy something...

but looking at these pics again...i REALLY want to go get another ric today...

darnit...

• 1 month later...

Archived