Innovative Marine Aquariums

RICS!

Helfrichs Chick

Helfrichs Chick

I thought I would start this as I am ordering a BIG lot of 100 Florida Rics. Not gonna get them for a few weeks, however I would like to hear your info, and see some pics! My 10 gallon is home to a mated pair of Hi-fin gobies and a red head goby. The goal for the tank is to have a ricordea forest, a few other corals as well. I have a couple rics now(no pics yet) but they are the pink and blue ones that are pretty popular. Here in Phx its pretty hard to find any that are not the norm. I will post a bunch of pics when I get the lot.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whoa! so you are going to be putting 100 rics into a 10g tank ALL AT ONCE? i saw your other thread about the purchase of these, and i know that you have to ordere a large quantity, but adding 100 rics to such a small water volume at once will probably cause some major problems. is there any way you can slow their introduction to the system and introduce a few a day for a while?

100 in a 10g sounds like a lot to me too, but i suppose it could be done. it is more the intoduction of such a large quantity of livestock to the tank all at the same time that worries me.

Helfrichs Chick

Hey andy, na I am not putting them all in my tank... (that would be cool looking thou!!!!) I am doing the order and then the remaining will be dispursed to anyone that wants them. I am gonna keep 15 or so for my tank. They are being shipped here the same day as I am going to a local meeting, between the meeting and others coming to my house later in the day I dont think I will have too many left over. (hope not cause that would be $$$) I wish they were here already as everytime I look at that website I get that much more excited. I have had SPS tanks soft tanks FO tanks but never a tank dedicated to rics because there are so hard to find here, and so expensive.... im pretty excited. Ive been doing a BUNCH of reading on them for a while now any good links you can think of? Do you have any? What colors, and pics????? Im gonna post a bunch of pics when I get em.

• 5 months later...
Helfrichs Chick

Hey again all I am back. Been crazy busy. Well I see no one has put up pictures!! Well I got that Ric lot in and it was awesome! I eneded up a little short on cash, and had to keep a few but I got some great ones, and everyone seemed pretty happy. I am hopefully going to be placing another order with a new supplier by the 1st of Oct. CANT WAIT. Well I will try to post some pictures when I get home. Thanks all. And come on lets see some rics!

Helfrichs Chick

The order I got was from ricordeas.net a wholesaler. She is not longer with that company so I am looking around at a few other places. I hope to get a batch on by the 1st! I would LOVE to have my tank filled one day.

The Propagator

Ahem............

Img_0476.jpg

Thats a pic of my old 20l ricordea propogation tank.

There was about 250 in there when that pic was taken.

I now keep them in a 40 breeder. :)

Prop...props. thants a lotta rics. They look great. I have some flordias on my nano. I love em.

I just piced up a rock yesterday with 4 yumas on it. Was buying zoas off a woman whos tearing down. They had been put in a highlight area of the tank and were pretty small but not bleached. Ill se how they look when I get home tomight. Id love to get a pic. Ive been waiting for a yuma and the price is always right from a fellow club member.

Heres the new yuma (i think). Like I said they need a little recovery time, but here 4 like this one on the rock and 1 has a double mouth.

100_1513.jpg

Heres an old shot of the floridas in my nano

100_1068.jpg

FF. The Floridas are from Sharkey's. You should try and find a way there anyway you can. His basement is better than 90% chicago LFS. Otherwise, I bet I know a lady in Franklin Park that can hook it up.

Helfrichs Chick

Propagator, I wanna make out with you! JK but nothing turns a girl on like Rics. Man those are amazing. My guys are really nice colors, but not growing as fast as I would have thought, I think its cause I move them way to much trying to see where they look best. I kept 8 out of the 50 order, and doing another order tomorrow. Getting 15 on Sat. Totally excited. Propagator do you sell any of yours to fellow nano-lovers through here? I would be really interested if you did. Thanks!

Hey why are my pictures not showing up? Never posted a pic before how does it work. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Helfrichs Chick

Well got my new shipment. I ordered 16 this time and MAN the colors are amazing!!! They a a bit on the small side but hey who cares with colors like this. My sand looks like a bag of skittles spilled on it, I will try to get some pictures this week.

Helfrichs Chick

LMAO Prop, your too funny. Christy that red one is super nice. I would really like a red. I got lots of variety in this last order, some are pretty tiny thou. The color was amazing. My little sis had her baby last week so getting her sweet camera from her is like pulling teeth. I HOPE I can get pictures up by next week for y'all to see. As of now they are all kinda piled up on the sand bed, I am upgrading my ADA amano 8 gallon to a 18 ADA as soon as LFS gets it in, I might see if anyone here wants my 8 gallon. Its a really cool tank. Its a tank from Japan and has 45 degree bevels on all edges, and no moulding and no center brace. Very clean looking, but a bit too small. There are pics in the gallery under my name. I now have about 25 rics, but the whole idea on my nano was a ricordea forest so I HOPE to have about 70 or so eventually. I did loose 1 ric in shipping and another the mouth has split down the center but still inflates and seems ok. Too bad cause its a really pretty pale rainbow one. I just can't get enought of these. Keep on with the pics I love to see all the varieties!

Archived