ReefCleaners.org

Can anyone id this for me?

nuthinlikereefin!

nuthinlikereefin!

I can't find out what this is, can anyone help me? It is similar to a shaving brush plant, but has no stem and is a darker green. If it is something that a herbivore will take care of, what would you suggest? Thanks.post-19221-1144365530_thumb.jpg

Bryopsis=grows thick and is hard to get rid of you can rip it out but with out a sander you will never get the roots,,,, I have heard lettuce Nudibranch will eat and then when it is all gone starve to death. good luck :D

I can't find out what this is, can anyone help me? It is similar to a shaving brush plant, but has no stem and is a darker green. If it is something that a herbivore will take care of, what would you suggest? Thanks.post-19221-1144365530_thumb.jpg

Evil turf algae…..the stuff seams to show up a lot on rocks imported with zoos.….

I would recommend removing the zoos from the rock & tossing the rock in the trash. Not much will eat the evil turf algae except maybe urchins & tangs, and you don't want them in a nano.

Don’t let it spread to any other rocks because it can be difficult to completely eradicate from your tank once established.

I have a couple of clumps one one rock in my NC as well. I'm going to be disassembling the tank either tomorrow or the day after for a move. I don't want to throw out the piece if I can help it. I'm setting up one of the back chambers with chaeto, so hopefully that will starve it of some nutrients. I also have a lettuce slug on order. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it other than cutting or pitching the rock besides what I've mentioned? It's small now, but I don't want it to get out of hand.

Archived