inTank Media Baskets

Fighting clowns are hurting my coral

soco

I've got a 20l with one coral a torch. I bought 2 Ocellaris clown and they started hosting it right away, but they love to fight. They are starting to fight more inside the torch which makes it "shrink". I'm afraid they are going to kill the only coral I have. But of course i would like to have a friendly pair of clowns that would share the torch.

so what should I do?

Thanks

neanderthalman

Not much that you can do, the fighting is to establish dominance. Once they get their personal issues sorted out, they'll be friendly. The torch will survive, they aren't really damaging it, just irritating it.

You can see if getting them a Green Bubble Tip Anemone will help. Since they are already looking to host they may move to a more suitable host.

You can see if getting them a Green Bubble Tip Anemone will help. Since they are already looking to host they may move to a more suitable host.

Same thing can happen with anemonies unfortunately. When my clowns first started hosting they had my rbta worn down to nubs for tenticles.

If things start get real dicey you'll need to somehow seperate the creatures. This can range from some sort of flow through basket over the coral, or seperating them into different tanks (my clowns went to the refugium for a little timeout).

Archived