Cultivated Reef

I JUST ORDERED A MACRO!

Obsessed Reefer

You might check out fatwallet.com or slickdeals.net for any real good deals going on this type of camera. There are always rebates, cash back, and discounts to be had at online retailers that makes the total price of the package a really great deal. Plus there are lots of ppl chiming in on the service of the site. Just another option for you.

Really smart move.

Not only does that Ebay merchant have great feedback and a long track record, you have the ebay dispute process for protection.

Have you ever actually tried to use the ebay/paypal dispute process?

I did once, and I can tell you, it ain't worth jack sh*t. Ebay/paypal tout all this buyer protection rubbish but they will not help you when you are screwed out of a load of money.

sam

really? it happened to me once trying to buy a $600 camera and it took like 2 months but i got my money back

and we have the 8700 at work and im not a big fan of it and my uncle has an 8800 and i used that too and wasnt a big fan of that either

if youre gunna spend that much money on a camera might as well save up a little more and just get a dslr

Have you ever actually tried to use the ebay/paypal dispute process?

I did once, and I can tell you, it ain't worth jack sh*t.

I have heard this from a handful of people. It has so far worked for me and for several people that I am aquainted with.

I am sure that it doesn't work for all people in all cases, but it is certainly better insurance than you can expect from a online camera dealer in Brooklyn.

Obsessed Reefer

Well idk about the protection thing from ebay but this place has 99.8% positive feedback. 2 awards from ebay. so I kinda trust it.

Obsessed Reefer

idk. i prob was in the general disscussion section when i made it...w/e. a mod can move it if they want too.

Well idk about the protection thing from ebay but this place has 99.8% positive feedback. 2 awards from ebay. so I kinda trust it.

I bought my Nikon D70 from a Cameta Auction on ebay.

I called them after I won the auction to get a few other accessories for the camera that didnt come in the auction.

The guy I spoke to really knew the product and said they would be more than happy to throw in the extras (decent tripod, carry bag and a few UV filters) for FREE.

I talked to the guy for about an hour (believe it or not) about the camera and he gave me some tips and pointers.

Just as I was about to get off the phone with him he says "Hey, my boss just asked me what the hell I was doing talking so long on the phone and I told him...he says you get another 10% off your camera for having to put up with me!"

Now, I dont care how the story came about, but the extra 10% off was great (especially at the price I was paying)...and it paid off for them because I use them and only them for all my accessories.

You cant go wrong with Cameta...you may pay more than some of those bottom of the barrel places, but you wont pay as much as big name retailers and as far as Im concerned, the service is better.

Obsessed Reefer

WOW!! That's great. Thanks. I'll tell my mom that...even though once her new card comes in were buying it. "HEY have 10% off for getting a bunch of tips on the product you just bought." NICE!!

And this auction comes with a bunch of extras (e.g. Camera bag, table tripod. 1G memory, card reader, extra battery, etc. etc. etc.) all for 500 plus 15 bucks shipping.

I LOVE IT

WOW!! That's great. Thanks. I'll tell my mom that...even though once her new card comes in were buying it. "HEY have 10% off for getting a bunch of tips on the product you just bought." NICE!!

And this auction comes with a bunch of extras (e.g. Camera bag, table tripod. 1G memory, card reader, extra battery, etc. etc. etc.) all for 500 plus 15 bucks shipping.

I LOVE IT

Awesome

Do what I did...call them (or have your mom call) and have her say its a birthday gift and see if there is anything else that wasnt in the auction that they could consider adding in at no charge. Worst thing they can say is NO.

Good luck...take lots of pics.

Archived