ReefCleaners.org

I JUST ORDERED A MACRO!

Obsessed Reefer

just a heads up... looks like a typical "bait and switch" place. sorry to ruin your killer deal, but i would bet you receive a call tomorrow trying to sell you every accessory under the sun. or maybe they'll tell you that it is the same camera, but it is the "international" version.

see http://www.price.com/vendor_review_display...vid=-2147483120

i'm interested to hear about your experience with them

note: i don't have any experience with this company at all. i learned a lot about NY online camera store scams when I was shopping for my Rebel XT. the risk and lure of $500 off msrp wasn't worth the risk to me, so I bought from amazon at the same price everyone else pays.

Obsessed Reefer

OH crap. Well I'll wait and see.

I found 2 good reviews

i called to purchase nikon D70 digital camera they had a great price and great service i ordered ground service from Florida got it in 3 days even they said it takes about 5-7 days will use them again.

I see alot of nasty reviews about this company and most it sounds like disgruntal employees. People DO NOT be detered from buying from BestPriceCameras. The fact that this store either trains the employees every well or that the employees that you hire are every educated in cameras makes the biggest different. They helped me fit my needs with the perfect camera. I wish I could say the same about some other high priced fancy store. BestPriceCameras prices were the lowest after shopping around-BOTTOM LINE. I would shop here again. Over all I was very please thank you and your employee (VI) for being very well educated in cameras - Keaton

Obsessed Reefer

I will. I told my mom that if they try to sell you anything else say NO I WANT ONLY THE CAMERA!!!!!!. Cus it should only take one to two days to get here from NY to NJ.

WilliamDuBose

cancel that order as soon as possible. You do not want your credit card in the hards of those guys. I was involved in one of those companies recently(operated out of ny) and they called us the next day trying to bump up the price 3 fold and pressuring us into other things. They said that our order was an international product and came barebone.

If I were you I would cancel the order when they call, and they will.

Best of luck

yeah, i always think about the saying "if it seems to be too good to be true..." when purchasing online. that and buy with a credit card that will quickly stop payment on it.

GL with that. just reading the posts. i dont want to EVER buy anything from them. always shop at places you can trust. especially online.

just a heads up... looks like a typical "bait and switch" place. sorry to ruin your killer deal, but i would bet you receive a call tomorrow trying to sell you every accessory under the sun. or maybe they'll tell you that it is the same camera, but it is the "international" version.

Those 'accessories' that they may try to sell may not be your typical 'accessories'.....they may be parts of the camera that make it work (i.e. battery, battery holder, etc.). Some of those places will strip a camera of anything that can be removed. Be careful.

I bought a camera from Broadway photo last year, which seems like a similar company.

I told my roommate at the time and he looked at the ratings and said that they were terrible, cancel the order right away, etc. I had a friend who had already bought a camera from them before and he had no problems.

Broadway did, in fact, call me the next day with their whole bait and switch scheme. I was able to haggle with them quite a bit. The longer I kept HIM on the phone, the greater the deal became. He works off commission and wanted to make at least something off me, but the longer he was on the phone with me, the less money he could make off other customers.

Long story short: I got an extra battery, extended warranty, a carrying case and expidited shipping for $20 extra. Not bad considering his first quote for the battery alone was $50. I just kept threatening to pull the plug on the whole deal and call someone else b/c dealing with them was too much of a hassle. Every time I did that, he came at me with a lower quote. It was actually kind of fun. :)

My guess is that a lot of these people who write these bad reviews got burned on the bait-n-switch. If you just say 'yes' to everything they throw at you, you WILL get hosed. Haggle with them. Keep them on the phone. Keep them from being able to move on to another (hopefully more gullible) customer. Worked for me!

Hope the camera works out for you. Best of luck. Let us know how it went, too.

EDIT: The only thing I would worry about with this place is that it is not the USA model, but the "gray market" model. It's still perfectly legal, but is not covered by USA warranty (even though they sell the camera with their warranty: sold in the US, so it's their "USA Warranty"... won't be honored by the manufacturer). If you have any problems with the camera and send it to the manufacturer, you will likely have to pay near MSRP for any substantial repairs.

this should be good. please do keep us posted obsessed, i wasn't aware of this scam myself. but i do know from buying copious computer HW online that cheapest almost never equals best. for instance you can get cheaper parts online than newegg.com, but newegg is cheaper than retail and never screws with you.

you know, it's interesting. i just did a search on ebay for this camera and found one place offering one for ~ $495 and their feedback was atrocious! 83 negative, 142 negative for the past year. IME that's a lot. all kinds of bait and switch accusations, rude customer service, slow shipping, items on backorder, etc. on top of that, and this is the kicker for me, for every person who responded to their transaction with negative feedback or even neutral feedback, the company -- digital-shopping-network, look them up -- gave the customer negative feedback. people would be saying stuff like "5 weeks, no shipment," and the company would give them feedback saying pretty much, "not worth doing business with." what a bunch of dicks! some people really suck. caveat emptor, dude.

Obsessed Reefer

Ok well lets see. I just got an email which I'll but below.

Semi- My mom was in on this with me. She wants a new camera. If this doesnt work out then I have a few other places that people say are good.

I will keep you posted

Mark@bestpricecameras.com

<mark@bestpricecameras.com> to me

More options 11:28 am (3 hours ago)

Thank you for your order:

We have received your order but for verification purposes please call us at 1800-281-1724, Ext. 225 or you can try us at 718-998-2975 EXT 225 , Mon-Fri from 10:00am(est)-6:00pm(est)Sun 11:00am-4:00pm in order to process your order

Thank you.

Ill have my mom call tonite. Or should I email them saying I want to cancel?

I have actually heard of this place.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...n#goto_itemInfo

Bobalouy bought his first camera from here and had no problems

Mark@bestpricecameras.com

<mark@bestpricecameras.com> to me

More options 11:28 am (3 hours ago)

Thank you for your order:

We have received your order but for verification purposes please call us at 1800-281-1724, Ext. 225 or you can try us at 718-998-2975 EXT 225 , Mon-Fri from 10:00am(est)-6:00pm(est)Sun 11:00am-4:00pm in order to process your order

Thank you.

this is exactly the kind of crap i was seeing on the company above's feedback on ebay. when you call they try to sell you a bunch of extra stuff! grrr. not sure why this is making me mad, but it is.

i have seen legitimate companies that require you to call to verify your purchase, but it is usually on very large purchases (thousands of dollars) or if you are trying to ship the item to someplace other than your billing address.

also, B&H is a trusted company. i've dealt with them before and had no problems. while i'm at it, i'll plug the other place i have gotten the best prices on cameras at... http://www.buydig.com is a GREAT site. they consistantly have the lowest prices among the "reliable" photo companies. check 'em out! i've ordered a majority of my cameras from them, and have had nothing but great service with them.

Obsessed Reefer

Thanks a lot andy. I also found one on ebay for 400. Its remanufactured by Nikon and sold as new. So pretty much its re-ferbushed.

Yea. I canceld the order with best price cameras. I'm gonna get it off ebay.

Really smart move.

Not only does that Ebay merchant have great feedback and a long track record, you have the ebay dispute process for protection.

Obsessed Reefer

Yea. Plus its a downright better deal.

You get the camera -- 400 from BPC

1 GIG of memory -- 200 some places

that alone is over 500 bucks.

Archived