Innovative Marine Aquariums

MC Dual Ballast Retro Kit?

Spiffyguy

I am thinking about getting the 24g DX - Dual Ballast Kit from Nanocustoms.com. I am not much of a DIY guy as far as electrical stuff. I have soldered before. How are the instructions and has anyone purchased this? I can spend the cash for a prebuilt but then what would I do with my old ballast.

Thanks for any info.

reefs_r_mylife

I got the Dual ballast kit and it works great. I opted for the Prebuilt ballast and think I could have done it on my own, but preferred the assurance that it was done right.

Plus, with a 6 mo warranty, who could go wrong?

The only thing I had to do on my own is wire the fans up, since the power supply is removed for the "dual ballast".

Overall I am very happy with the transaction, and feel that the Customer service was top notch.

If you have the time, I say you go for the DIY. I love doing this kind of stuff, but when you factor in how much an hour of your time costs nowadays, it was totally worth it to just have it done.

HTH

Rick

So did you have to wire the fans to the transformer? I thought that was how it is. A little wall wart and the fans are just spliced into it? I plan on replacing my fans since they are noisy and would like to get some better ones. I would guess they would work with the transformer the kit comes with.

Archived