inTank Media Baskets

Mounting a frogspawn?

Arklier

I spent part of my lunch hour today at a LFS that I just found out about near my work. While I was there, I purchased a mushroom rock and a frogspawn frag. The frogspawn was just loose, and is about 1" tall with a head maybe 3/4". I would like to put it near my hammer coral, since they're each supposedly one of the few corals that the other gets along with. My hammer has a long skeleton (around 5") that I just poked into the sand. Should I do the same for the frogspawn, or is there some other way to mount it?

Also, the hammer that I have is totally white. It's been that way since I got it, and is doing great. Growing, putting its heads out, feeding, and everything. Most of the other hammers that I've seen are green or brown. I assume that this is a bleaching problem? If so, what is the long term prognosis for this hammer?

I don't know anything about the hammer and its whiteness, but if it is growing and feeding, I wouldn't worry too much. What's your lighting?

You can stick the froggy in your sand if you like. If you want to do something else, you can always superglue it to a rock somewhere.

i just stuck my frogspawn in the sand. keep an eye on the hammer and frogspawn even though they are in the same family. my frogspawn and torch where close to each other but i had to move the torch because he was getting stung by the frogspawn.

Frogspawns are mean corals with attitudes

I actually just bought a frag of frogspawn on sunday; I just used epoxy to attach it to some live rock. I will try and post a pic later. Oh and use aquamend from home depot, was only $2.97 vs the $14.99 for the stuff you get at the LFS.

Hmm,as to the hammer whiteness. I have never seen a white one, but I'd think bleacing would be entirely possible. Mine is pink with green stalks. Very pretty imho. :happy:

you can put frogs and hammers together but torches are a different story they dont get along with the other two. I have a frog and hammer together and they touch and are doing fine.

Archived