Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Majano Care!

jane of baden

jane of baden

I got a majano on my lr a few weeks ago, and its slowly been deteriorating. I dose w/ plankton about every other day, and I sometimes feed with mysis and shrimp... but still deteriorating!!!! help!!! what do i do!??

Majano? are you sure that's what it is?

I have some in my tank that I blast with boiling water and it still comes back. Real tough little buggers in my opinion.

However, if i had to venture a guess i'd say it's the ammount of plankton you're dosing. If it were me I would just let them be for a while. If they are majanos they don't really need any care, most people consider them pests.

Just give them some time with no feedings in the tank

By the way, what are your specs, just so im not making any dumb assumptions :P

jane of baden
Majano? are you sure that's what it is?

I have some in my tank that I blast with boiling water and it still comes back. Real tough little buggers in my opinion.

However, if i had to venture a guess i'd say it's the ammount of plankton you're dosing. If it were me I would just let them be for a while. If they are majanos they don't really need any care, most people consider them pests.

Just give them some time with no feedings in the tank

By the way, what are your specs, just so im not making any dumb assumptions :P

actually i have no idea what it is, and no one does- I posted a pic in the ID forum when I got it, and NO one could ID it... maybe you can?

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82033

Thanks in advance, it means a lot to me!

RayWhisperer

Still looks like a rock/flower anemone to me. I'd say this with alot more certainty now that I see it moved, and is 100% squish. Phyto won't do it too much good, try cyclopeeze or some really small mysis bits and quit the phyto IMO. Hope it all works out for you, I have one, and really like it. Mine seems to like to fight though, it planted itself next to a large frog spawn and got it's butt handed to it. I fragged the frog spawn and moved it, now it moved next to the hammer, I'm not going to do any more for it. I don't expect it to last much longer as the other side is now almost completely shrivelled from the assult by the hammer.

It is a rock flower anemone, usually very hardy. They like to eat pieces of meaty food like shrimp or silversides. It could be starving or some water parameters are way off.

jane of baden
It is a rock flower anemone, usually very hardy. They like to eat pieces of meaty food like shrimp or silversides. It could be starving or some water parameters are way off.

It wont eat, and I've tried repeated times. As of now, it is missing in action- i havent seen it....Last I saw it (last night) it was significantly skinnier around the base and the head shrunk in diameter. Still has good coloration, please help, I really like it!

RayWhisperer

Jane, rock anemones are very hardy animals... If it is withering away it's either your water params, or it's just too far gone. I've heard of them going months w/out food, at that point they no longer eat and slowly die. Double check all water params, and try a few water changes.

Archived