Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pom-Pom crab

wwildcats04

wwildcats04

I have never read about this anywhere and I have done a fair amt. of research on the pom pom before I purchased it. Anyway, lets cut to the chase... I hardly ever see the thing and last time I saw it it had droed its anemone ( :angry: ) O well. tonight I saw it and it had a bristle worm its its claws and I thought at first that it was its way of compensating for the loss... however I look at it a few mins ago and it had the bristle worm in its mouth! This is a major break through because I absolutely HATE bristle worms after breaking down someones tank and getting a handfull of bristles.

Woah, that's cool.

If it dropped its anemones, it's because the water quality is too low for them.

I've had mine for about six months, and he still has the originals.

lanceleaderx
Woah, that's cool.

If it dropped its anemones, it's because the water quality is too low for them.

I've had mine for about six months, and he still has the originals.

:D i see my pom pom once a week,

wwildcats04

everything else is thriving.... (feather duster, BTA, ocelaris, yellow watchmen, hammer coral, tons of polyps and mushrooms, porcelain crab, sexy shrimp, fire shrimp, peppermind shrimp) I did have a period of time w/ forgetting to top off so that was prob when it occured. I do weekly 25% water changes w/ RO/DI water but I do not skim.

now that you mentioned it, I haven't seen any bristle worms in my 12G NC since a week or two after I got my pom pom crab. My tank used to be COVERED in bristle worms. Now, I can't recall seeing any in a long time.

Thats very interesting to read.

I have a "boxing" or "pom-pom" crab in my 5Gal nano, It still has its original 'nems. If yours has dropped its nems then your water quality can't be right because they generally only drop the nems if they die, which is nearly always going to be down to water quality or possibly lack of food (although i find that arguement hard to believe).

Ben

I think it's because I added water to the tank in a hurry one day (I had forgotten to top off for a few days). I had to dump half a gallon in there quickly because I was leaving. I remember seeing the pom pom flipping out and going crazy and I think that's when he dropped them. I think I "shocked" him with the top off water.

Archived