Top Shelf Aquatics

CORAL EATING NUDI?

JTYDELL

I caught this guy eating polyps on a softy, Ive also had some dissappearing zoas, does anyone know about this guy? First nudi, Ive ever seen in the tank, dont know much about them. White in color, about a 1/4" long, I know the pics are lame, but see what you think.

post-17162-1143471613_thumb.jpg

It kind of look like a big pod. Does it stick to the glass like slug? if so it proableby is a nud.

For sure a nudi, just dont know about it????

here is a better pic.

post-17162-1143473625_thumb.jpg

nano-drk727

i had seen something like that at my lfs they said they where aptasia eating nudibranches maybe its not the same thing but it looks like it

i had seen something like that at my lfs they said they where aptasia eating nudibranches maybe its not the same thing but it looks like it

Im sure they would eat aptasia as well....as others BEWARE of this guy.....

audiocontrol

Yea, its a nood. Im still gettin rid of some of mine i find once in a while. Very small but luckily I caught it before it became an epidemic. Hopefully you caught it in time like i did.

Yea, its a nood. Im still gettin rid of some of mine i find once in a while. Very small but luckily I caught it before it became an epidemic. Hopefully you caught it in time like i did.

not exactly "in time" death toll was (3) killer zoo frags and he started on a leather but its ok.

audiocontrol

yeah, they can demolish tanks like you wouldn't believe if their eggs hatch. It very difficult to spot them if they are laid. So far, the ones I have caught have just been irratating the polyps. I notice the polyps closed, and then when I inspect, I see either 1 or 2 small little nudis about the size of a pinhead. No polyps missing....yet.

yeah, they can demolish tanks like you wouldn't believe if their eggs hatch. It very difficult to spot them if they are laid. So far, the ones I have caught have just been irratating the polyps. I notice the polyps closed, and then when I inspect, I see either 1 or 2 small little nudis about the size of a pinhead. No polyps missing....yet.

Pinhead, dang that is small. See this type of predator could really screw me up, being Im only a 3gal reef, only plus is "not much room to hide"

Archived