How to acclimate a snail?

Obsessed Reefer

neanderthalman

Tools needed:

Vice

Lockpicks

Scalpel

Hammer

Snails don't acclimate if you leave them in their shell. The easiest way to remove them is to pry them out with a lockpick set, or similar implements after securely mounting them in the vice. It is good to line the vice with rubber or felt to protect the shell. Once you've pulled most of the snail out of it's shell, you'll have to sever the last few connections with the scalpel. Don't worry, it will be fine, and those connections will grow back.

If you do in fact follow this advice, the next step is to bash your temple with the hammer. This works best with a single clean stroke, but several would work as well.

Just acclimate it like a fish ;)

I aclimate them like this...take snail out of bag, drop in tank.

ok...maybe you should float the bag first.

I aclimate them like this...take snail out of bag, drop in tank.

ok...maybe you should float the bag first.

ha ha.... same here. no casualties yet

Obsessed Reefer

Ok well I floated it for like 5 min then added like a cup of water than floated for like 5 min then put it in

Ok well I floated it for like 5 min then added like a cup of water than floated for like 5 min then put it in

good enough by my standards :)

One Eyed Bunny

Stick'em to the glass facing down into the water. They'll be fine. If you get worried just flick'em off the glass into the water.

Obsessed Reefer

P3250027.jpg

What type is it? Will it clean the sand?

Check my thread from my sig for why im wondering what type it is.

neanderthalman

for cleaning the sand, get nassarius snails. Make sure they're not confused and sell you nerite snails instead :rant:. They look completely different, so you'll be able to tell. Some LFS cant though.

Archived