SaltCritters.com

Another lighting question

Tgiovan

Just to let everyone know I have searched this topic allot. Ok well I just ordered the 13w bright kit from AHsupply and a 13w 50/50 pc from hello lights. but I want at least one more 13w pc maybe two for my eclipse 3g. So my question is deos anybody know where I can get a bayco bookworm light? are those things still around? or is there a similar 13w light I can get at lowes, HD, walmart etc that I can rip the ballast out of, and than just get a couple more pc's from Hello lights? Also what would you guys recomend, 3 50/50's, 2 50/50's and an actinic? Thanks for the help in advance.

Ok I decided to just order two more 13w kits from AHsupply and than get the bulbs from hello lights. But My question is should I get two more 50/50's or should I get one daylight and one Actinic? Im a little confused about this, because it seams that it will be the same, but I have hear/read that my corals will benifit if I have at least one light that is only actinic and one that is daylight. can someone please clearify that for me?

Ok scratch that, I just was about to order and I was like I better measure, so after some extensive measuring I don't think that I can fit all three in there so I think im going to have to stick with two 13 watters. will this be sufficiant for rics and zoo's in a 3 gallon?

• 2 weeks later...
I think im going to have to stick with two 13 watters. will this be sufficiant for rics and zoo's in a 3 gallon?

I was planning on setting up a the same thing using 2 13 watt 50/50. IMO that should be more than enough light. I was more worried about heat.

Archived