can someone PLEASE id these

mattnano

These guys have been around for about a week now and there has been no harm done (that I can see) WHAT ARE THEY !! there is about 30-40 of them covering my largest rock. they were not there when I bought it so they must of come from inside or one of the other pieces of LR. they look like white cirles/half circles and they do not appear to be moving. Are they harmfull ? And will they go away ?

Thanks, Matt

post-19250-1143224657_thumb.jpg

they look like harmless little tube worms that have a hard encrusted shell, they will probably appear on your glass soon too, you can just scrape them off the glass if you dont like to see them, but I would leave them on the rock, as they wont harm anything...

~Randy~

I answer so much of these questions about this same thing and I always forget what the name of it is. But no it is not bad, they are harmless. They usually appear when your water quality isnt too well. You can scrape them off if you want.

They are Spirorbid Worms (filter feeders).

Will they eventually die off and dissapear? now that I think of it they did appear after I over fed one night and had to do an emergency water change to rid nitrates.

Will they eventually die off and dissapear? now that I think of it they did appear after I over fed one night and had to do an emergency water change to rid nitrates.

if they do die, their shells will remain attached. There a filter feeder, so IMO they are good for your tank.

Archived