Cultivated Reef

24g Aquapod Pic

Donovan

• 1 month later...
Wow looks most excellent. Does your torch sting your GSP?

SCR

Yes the gsp gets occassionally stung along with a few zoas and mushrooms hopefully I can frag the torch again to free up some real estate or just relocate the torch altogether.

Fishlippedit

Is your Bi-Color aggressive towards your clowns? I know I had one and he would even go after my Yellow Tang. Very Very nice tank. Great work.

Is your Bi-Color aggressive towards your clowns? I know I had one and he would even go after my Yellow Tang. Very Very nice tank. Great work.

Funny thing all three fish (1 bicolor and pair Clarkiis) get along rather well. The bicolor pseudochromis has a great personality and adds vivid coloration...me likes this fish. Also surprisingly the bicolor has not jumped out of my open top tank ...ever.

So far he's been a good boy.

shouldabenacowboy

Very nice setup......

I just tore down my 5 gallon and put it in a 24 Aquapod...and hope it looks as nice as yours....in time.

Do you dose with anything??

Keep up the good work!

SBC

Why did you decide to go with an additional powerhead in the display? If you had to do it over again would you put that in one of the back chambers?

I'm putting together a 24g Aquapod and am trying to decide the best way to get additional flow.

Your tank looks amazing.

Why did you decide to go with an additional powerhead in the display? If you had to do it over again would you put that in one of the back chambers?

I'm putting together a 24g Aquapod and am trying to decide the best way to get additional flow.

Your tank looks amazing.

Thanks....

I would definitely want it back in the chambers.

Would it be too hard to try and install a powerhead in the rear chamber now that the tank is up and running? Drilling through the bulkhead might be difficult at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

awesome looking tank. how do you have your 1st chamber set (where the overflow is)? I ask because I have just recieved my ap 24 150 watt MH and I know that I don't want all the stuff they put in the overflow chamber I am thinking of leaving it empty. I am still not sure i'm looking for what others have done.

Donovan,

I have been watching your tank thread since day one. I really admire your tank and follow closely to see changes. Just wanted to throw you a complement. How well do your zoo's spread being at the front of your tank? Did they all start off that full and that big?

Also with your amazing camera shooting, how do you go about making everything around the tank black, but the tank itself still lit? What I mean is that I can not see the wall behind your tank and the light from your tank doesnt bleed out of the tank and light up the wall.

Also, I am thinking about moving one of my power heads out of my tank and into the back. I would like to put it into my second chamber and have the exit just left of the middle brace the separates the two chambers. I thinnk you could get away with drilling when you do a water change. You might want to float some papertowels on the top of your water to catch any plastic debrees that would fall. I just have to find out what pieces I need to fit it to a MJ 900. Let me know if you have any progress.

awesome looking tank. how do you have your 1st chamber set (where the overflow is)? I ask because I have just recieved my ap 24 150 watt MH and I know that I don't want all the stuff they put in the overflow chamber I am thinking of leaving it empty. I am still not sure i'm looking for what others have done.

Thanks danoreef. The first chamber is equipped with LR rubble, purigen, and chemipure. Oh and of course some filter floss thats replaced every other day.

Others in this forum have either added another pump and or protein skimmer. Nonetheless I think your tank would benefit with some LR rubble in chamber one. In any case start a thread of your tanks progress curious to see what u do. Add pics they're always enjoyable. Go aquapods w/150 hqi!!

Donovan,

I have been watching your tank thread since day one. I really admire your tank and follow closely to see changes. Just wanted to throw you a complement. How well do your zoo's spread being at the front of your tank? Did they all start off that full and that big?

Also with your amazing camera shooting, how do you go about making everything around the tank black, but the tank itself still lit? What I mean is that I can not see the wall behind your tank and the light from your tank doesnt bleed out of the tank and light up the wall.

Also, I am thinking about moving one of my power heads out of my tank and into the back. I would like to put it into my second chamber and have the exit just left of the middle brace the separates the two chambers. I thinnk you could get away with drilling when you do a water change. You might want to float some papertowels on the top of your water to catch any plastic debrees that would fall. I just have to find out what pieces I need to fit it to a MJ 900. Let me know if you have any progress.

Appreciate the compliments. Because of the adequate lighting of the mh I am able to place the zoas almost anywhere but the center where they could and did fry. The front area seam to have the low to medium flow that my zoas like.

With the photography, I've used a cheap sony 3.2 mb pixel and my brother's Nikon Dslr camera. And I have little experience with both just played with settings-- exposure and ISO. The nicer pics was done by my brother w/ SLR.

Your plans of relocating the powerhead sounds promising and I might be brave enough to attempt it. Please update us on the modifications u intend to do.

• 2 weeks later...

The stock pump of my AP 24g lasted almost a year. This morning I discovered the busted pump. No wonder people replace the stock pumps luckily I had a spare mj 1200.

Anyone else kept their stock unreliable and hot running pumps in their AP 24?

• 1 month later...

donovan heres a link for a DIY idea for making a cover to prevent your fish from going carpet surfacing. the user that did it here on NR.com originally went from a 1-layer of screen to a 3-layer screen to 'close up' the holes further. with the 1-layer he still had fish jumping thru it. either a multi-layer or tighter screen will help, it comes down to how much it effects your lighting

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...ht=plastic+mesh

the end result

Frame3.jpg

Cover1.jpg

Edited by SherifBart
donovan heres a link for a DIY idea for making a cover to prevent your fish from going carpet surfacing. the user that did it here on NR.com originally went from a 1-layer of screen to a 3-layer screen to 'close up' the holes further. with the 1-layer he still had fish jumping thru it. either a multi-layer or tighter screen will help, it comes down to how much it effects your lighting

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...ht=plastic+mesh

the end result

Frame3.jpg

Cover1.jpg

Thanks for posting this link - its a smart modification.

Wow, now thats a niiiiiiiice tank!!!!

Wanna trade?

Very kind words thank you. Your tank especially the rock placements looks stunning and I am sure your fish appreciates all the hiding places.