SaltCritters.com

24g Aquapod Pic

Donovan

reefernanoman

Hi I love your tank. Do you know the dimensions of your tank?I just bought a 24g nano cube with a stand for it, but the tank had a crack! Now i'm stuck with the stand. I want to get an aquapod like yours instead and use this stand for it. I am wondering if these tanks have the same dimensions. thank you!

• 6 months later...

Ideally every 6-8 months. The bulbs last longer than that but thats when the spectrum will start being less optimal. You can go as long as a year, but again, not ideal.

Tank looks great.

burtbollinger
Ideally every 6-8 months. The bulbs last longer than that but thats when the spectrum will start being less optimal. You can go as long as a year, but again, not ideal.

Tank looks great.

you should be very proud, this tank is beautiful

How do you not get green and red algea inbetween the sand and the glass at the bottom? After just a few weeks you should start getting color there. Do you clean that area?

Tank looks great.

Thanks...I hope I can replace it in a few weeks.

The phoenix mh 14k 150w seems to be a popular choice so I will give that bulb a try.

you should be very proud, this tank is beautiful

Thanks...

My set up is very basic ie filter floss, LR rubble, purigen and chemipure. And luckily I see some growth with the corals esp. the torch. I have been fortunate that none of the fish (paired Clarkiis and a bicolor pseudochromis) have gotten out of my topless tank.

How do you not get green and red algea inbetween the sand and the glass at the bottom? After just a few weeks you should start getting color there. Do you clean that area?

I try to be diligent with the cleaning -- mag float practically everyday. Scarlet hermits do great job on the sandbed as well.

beautiful tank,love the torches, although i wouldn't keep a pair of clarkiis, whats your w/c schedule?

Thanks.

I hope nothing really horrible could happen as to prevent me from keeping Harry and Sally (paired Clarkiis) in my tank?

Are they not a good pair to keep?

Edited by Donovan
Thanks.

I hope nothing really horrible could happen as to prevent me from keeping Harry and Sally (paired ocellaris) in my tank?

Are they not a good pair to keep?

Those don't look like ocellaris to me.

Can't tell well from the picture but they look like Sebae or Clarkii

Before

Noahspics148-1.jpg

Noahspics157.jpg

After

Noahspics186.jpg

Noahspics195.jpg

My Phoenix 150w 14k bulb finally came but now I dont know if I should replace my ~8 month bulb. Should I hold out for a couple more months?

I wonder how much more blue the Phoenix is compared to my Current usa 150w 14k?