Donovan

24g Aquapod Pic

Donovan

I have no fish as of yet...still havent decided on what to get anyway heres a new pic of my 24g w/150 HQI. Comments and or advice always appreciated.

Noahspics170.jpg

Noahspics166.jpg

Noahspics168.jpg

Cesar

These things are pretty neat. I was thinking of a 6g one.

PodRod

The tank looks great and I love the aquascaping! :)

Donovan

Thanks-- -- Still reviewing the placement of the torch. The 150w MH Sunpod might be too much for it.

reefernanoman

Hi I love your tank. Do you know the dimensions of your tank?I just bought a 24g nano cube with a stand for it, but the tank had a crack! Now i'm stuck with the stand. I want to get an aquapod like yours instead and use this stand for it. I am wondering if these tanks have the same dimensions. thank you!

Donovan

en28so -- thanks I am pleased about the tank. The dimensions are 20" x 17" x 20" h and I have it on an all black Oceanic stand.

reefernanoman

Your tank came with 150mh lighting right? Is your lighting fan cooled and does it include moonlights?

Donovan

Yes it came with the Sunpod 150watts MH.

There's 6 white and 6 blue LED moonlights.

Donovan

Updated pics of 24g Aquapod. Set up around 7 months.

Weekly water change (Catalina).

How often should Mh bulbs be replaced?

Noahspics185.jpg

Noahspics193.jpg

Noahspics199.jpg

KMitch

Ideally every 6-8 months. The bulbs last longer than that but thats when the spectrum will start being less optimal. You can go as long as a year, but again, not ideal.

Tank looks great.

burtbollinger
Ideally every 6-8 months. The bulbs last longer than that but thats when the spectrum will start being less optimal. You can go as long as a year, but again, not ideal.

Tank looks great.

you should be very proud, this tank is beautiful

Daveg99

How do you not get green and red algea inbetween the sand and the glass at the bottom? After just a few weeks you should start getting color there. Do you clean that area?

Donovan

Tank looks great.

Thanks...I hope I can replace it in a few weeks.

The phoenix mh 14k 150w seems to be a popular choice so I will give that bulb a try.

you should be very proud, this tank is beautiful

Thanks...

My set up is very basic ie filter floss, LR rubble, purigen and chemipure. And luckily I see some growth with the corals esp. the torch. I have been fortunate that none of the fish (paired Clarkiis and a bicolor pseudochromis) have gotten out of my topless tank.

Donovan
How do you not get green and red algea inbetween the sand and the glass at the bottom? After just a few weeks you should start getting color there. Do you clean that area?

I try to be diligent with the cleaning -- mag float practically everyday. Scarlet hermits do great job on the sandbed as well.

Daveg99

I forgot to compliment you on that NICE looking tank!!! It makes me want to start my cube soooo bad!!!

PodRod

That tank looks awesome! I'm on my second AP 24G and I still don't have one that compairs with this. Great job!!!

Sea_Of_Treachery

beautiful tank,love the torches, although i wouldn't keep a pair of clarkiis, whats your w/c schedule?

RP Beesh

cool how the back of the wall look.

Donovan
beautiful tank,love the torches, although i wouldn't keep a pair of clarkiis, whats your w/c schedule?

Thanks.

I hope nothing really horrible could happen as to prevent me from keeping Harry and Sally (paired Clarkiis) in my tank?

Are they not a good pair to keep?

Edited by Donovan

MGXsport
Thanks.

I hope nothing really horrible could happen as to prevent me from keeping Harry and Sally (paired ocellaris) in my tank?

Are they not a good pair to keep?

Those don't look like ocellaris to me.

Can't tell well from the picture but they look like Sebae or Clarkii

Donovan
Those don't look like ocellaris to me.

Can't tell well from the picture but they look like Sebae or Clarkii

Oops typo... just edited.

paulnsimon

More pics!!

Donovan

Before

Noahspics148-1.jpg

Noahspics157.jpg

After

Noahspics186.jpg

Noahspics195.jpg

My Phoenix 150w 14k bulb finally came but now I dont know if I should replace my ~8 month bulb. Should I hold out for a couple more months?

I wonder how much more blue the Phoenix is compared to my Current usa 150w 14k?

MGXsport

It is about time to change it. If I held out it would only be for a few more weeks at the most.

mullman

That is one gorgeous tank - CONGRATS!