After watching this website for a time...

goingnatural

goingnatural

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq< :blush: Sorry about that all. My keyboard started acting up last night so I had to shut down the PC and start again :angry:. I have a DeskPro by Compact. I think it might be a collecters item by now. I also am on dialup by Walmart so I'm probably at the bottom of the PC chain.

The post was supposed to be

...I have become hooked on nano reef systems...and so on and then I came back to do an edit and my keyboard went wacko.

So this is day 2 of my 5.5 nano Allglass tank

2 hot magnums at opposite ends w/flows meeting in middle for turbulance

25wt heater

36wtx2 PC

15lbs live sand

6lbs fiji LR

Can't for sure decide on livestock but probably small soft corals and a coral beauty and some sandshifters, snails.....thanks for looking.

post-19453-1143083754_thumb.jpg

Sea_Of_Treachery

thats a crap load of sand for such a small tank, it keep just 5 lbs in there. 15lbs of sand in that small of a tank, i be you have like 2g left. a coral beauty in a 5.5g? are you serious? how much research did you actually do?

thats a crap load of sand for such a small tank, it keep just 5 lbs in there. 15lbs of sand in that small of a tank, i be you have like 2g left. a coral beauty in a 5.5g? are you serious? how much research did you actually do?

Exactly. I would get rid of some of that sand. Rethink your livestock.

ClowningAround

hey here is a link to some livestock ideas for fish, it is a good guide to what fish can go in what size tanks

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...c=74703&hl=fish

otherwise nice looking live rock. also do a search for 5.5g and see what are people are using equipment wise, thats what i did for mine. you can ge some good info on what people like and dont like, good luck !

goingnatural

Yes, that is a lot of sand and I have been working on a 1.25 gallon Slimline beverage container I found at WalMart that I am modifying to hang on the back and give 1 extra gallon pumped by a Surge 300 80GPH.

I wanted at least 2-3 inches sand so a dead zone will exist for natural denitrification.

I have pretty much planned on weekly water changes.

Anyway, the caontainer is about 14"x3"x10" and has a wide mouth screw lid and a open/close spout. It is clear and fairly rigid. I plan on moving the heater into it. Cost was $6.

Archived