Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Using a Skimmer in a Nano

NewbieNanoReefer

NewbieNanoReefer

I recently tried a Marineland Seaclone Skimmer. What a piece of Junk it was. I recently bought a in Sump style skimmer, a kent marine naut. te. I was curious what your thoughts on this skimmer and using one on a nano.

You should have searched before purchasing the seaclone! If you would have you woul dhave found many many complaints on how bad it is. It would have saved u 70 or so dollars!!

NewbieNanoReefer

Well, i returned the seaclone and got my money back, and regards to the next post from cjm033, look at the name, im new to the boards and Nano-reefing. So why dont you just chill and step off, im looking for opinions not bashing for my mistakes.

isn't the nautilus a little big for a nano? i've not used it but from what i've seen it looks like it's suppose to be a competitor to red sea's tried and true berlin.

a nano can be skimmed by co-current or cc air skimmers imo. the prizm's a good choice if the motors don't give out. and some peeps don't skim at all : .

:P

"skim your tank or drink the tea!" :x

a nautilus on a nano:) have you ever seen one- if you have a good filter- such as an eheim canister and equip it with a phosphate sponge and carbon and keep up on waterchanges- a skimmer isnt needed- but mainly keep up on the WC

i go for aqua c remora with a maxijet 1200 power head. that thing will pull so much crap out its hard to belive that all those crap is in a nano reef.

I am getting tired of the insults about peoples English. I think in no way was Newbienanoreefer's post dumb it was a legitimate post. If you think it has already been disscussed or the English is that poor dont reply.

JJ

Originally posted by reefan

I am getting tired of the insults about peoples English. I think in no way was Newbienanoreefer's post dumb it was a legitimate post. If you think it has already been disscussed or the English is that poor dont reply.

JJ

WTH?

Reefan, is proper English a sensitive issue with you?

Nobody in this thread made any attack on Newbienanoreefer's English or said his post was dumb. I think you read something that isn't there.

:)

NewbieNanoReefer

Wow i have never seen anyone fight so much. It seems like whenever i post somthing a fight erupts. Makes me think twice about asking anything.

Archived