Cultivated Reef

Caribbean Cube

johnmauser

johnmauser
just out of curiousity, are you going to plant any seagrasses? When I used to go to Florida/Bahamas, there were always neat critters hiding in them like conch's, starfish, and even horseshoe crabs. I also remember seeing a pink tip anemone there.

Not in this tank, but oh my gosh I would love to do a seperate seagrass tank with serpent stars, queen conchs, etc. If I upgrade to a larger coral system in the future, there is a very good chance that this could end up being a sea grass system. Man now you've gotten me all excited thinking about it again!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
audiocontrol

LOL, I wish I could snorkel down there again. I kept a few sea urchins when I was on vacation there as a pet for the week. I set up a small tank, changed the water daily, and used a little air pump. I dumped them back into the Gulf afterwards.

johnmauser

Here's a pic of my porcelain crab filter feeding on baby brine shrimp. It's not the sharpest pic but hopefully you can see it.

post-18851-1147481752_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cool :)

I have a biotope tank also with my 37 gallon.

the only exceptions for it not bieng caribbean anymore is the Colt Coral, pulse xenia and 2 tomato clownfish. check it out click the link in my sig :)

ever look at etropicals.com, all the fish/corals/inverts are from the caribbean so you could get an idea of all the animals you could keep from the caribbean.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just wanted to do an update. I got a few more things in there. I got an acropora species unkown, a corky sea finger, a mermans shaving brush, and three neon gobies. All the new stuff seems to be doing well. I'm winning my battle with the hair algae :) , and losing my ricordea. I've had several shrivel up on me in the past few weeks and as far as I know nothing has changed with the system. :unsure:

On a lighter note, here's some pics

post-18851-1150248939_thumb.jpg

Full tank shot

post-18851-1150248972_thumb.jpg

acropora

post-18851-1150248997_thumb.jpg

corky sea finger

post-18851-1150249180_thumb.jpg

shaving brush

post-18851-1150249210_thumb.jpg

neon gobie

post-18851-1150249233_thumb.jpg