inTank Media Baskets

What is a good third fish for my 6 gallon?

Dirt4dinner

Dirt4dinner

My wife, who never says anything about my hobby, asked me today if I could find a 3rd fish for my nano, that swims around like my clown does. The goby just lays low, as never moves far from his little pistol shrimp pal. What is a good small active fish for a small nano? Thanks for advice. -DIRT

Here is a photo of what I have going so far. Only 3 months old.

post-19296-1142642894_thumb.jpg

fluidimagery
:welcome: No more fish, and get that poor anemone out of there. You should really only have 1 small fish in a 6gal.
Dirt4dinner

The anemone is only a temporary addition. I took down my 80 gallon reef recently and am having a brand new 70 gallon made right now. It will be done and delivered next week, when my sweet little anemones can get back in their big tank. They are all that I really kept out of the big tank. Although they have been in there several weeks and are doing wonderful! Wide open, eating fine, and acting normal.

there is one flower and one small BTA. Scallop/ shrimp eating maniacs those two are!

I have three fish in my 10gal. and I am worried about that. You want to put a 3rd in a 6gal. I bow down to you, man with the iron cahoonas.

Dirt4dinner

Yeah, I better add the sump that I have been trying to avoid. I have a hang on refugium on the way which will hold another 4 gallons of water. I keep a VERY close eye on my levels, and do 1-2 gallon water changes daily. This thing is sitting on my desk and I work at home...so it's easy to take care of it when I stare at it all day long! The only thing not doing good right now is a branch of star polyps I got from someone...they only open up at feeding time and are gone the rest of the day...everything else is doing wonderful. I also run the fission nano skimmer on it at night which helps keep thing cleaner, and a red sea deco art hang on that I have stuffed with LR rubble for pods. The hang on refugium will be great though!

I have three fish in my 10gal. and I am worried about that. You want to put a 3rd in a 6gal. I bow down to you, man with the iron cahoonas.
Yeah, I better add the sump that I have been trying to avoid. I have a hang on refugium on the way which will hold another 4 gallons of water. I keep a VERY close eye on my levels, and do 1-2 gallon water changes daily. This thing is sitting on my desk and I work at home...so it's easy to take care of it when I stare at it all day long! The only thing not doing good right now is a branch of star polyps I got from someone...they only open up at feeding time and are gone the rest of the day...everything else is doing wonderful. I also run the fission nano skimmer on it at night which helps keep thing cleaner, and a red sea deco art hang on that I have stuffed with LR rubble for pods. The hang on refugium will be great though!

Wow ... :bowdown:... 1-2 gallon water changes daily, that's intense and makes me feel like I’m a lazy SOB. I only do 1-2 G water change per week.

I still wouldn’t add more fish, even with a big fuge, they need their space.

i had a small clown and small 6line wrasse in my 12 gallon pod and it was WAY overstocked. tank always had nitrates hover around 15 to 20 ppm regardless of weekly 10% waterchanges, they now reside in the 65 gallon and are much happier.

Obsessed Reefer

damn i get yelled at by friends for wanting to put two fish in a 12 gallon.

and i dont mean the ppl who work at petco

Archived