Top Shelf Aquatics

Is there a Big difference...

Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

OK, well im setting up my 90g. and my dad doesnt want to hang pendants in the Canopy so he said.. get the same fixture you have on your 30g. cube (Coralife Aqualight Pro).. i said no b.c. the 48" version has 150w MH and thats not very strong... so i recently found out there is a 250w Mh version BUT it has DE bulbs instead of HQI.. am i going to have problems.. like... is one stronger then the other?? is one better then the other?? thanks in advance

-josh

as far as i know, all american de bulbs are hqi

de refers to how many connection points the bulb has (2)

hqi refers to the type of mh bulb it is (mercury quartz iodine)

When they refer to HQI, they are meaning to say double ended. For our American lights, we kind of connect HQI with double ended. But...HQI refers to something totally different with European lights and single ended bulbs.

Btw, I wouldn't get Coralife. :)

Fishfreak218

lololo.. i know.. alot of peole dont like coralife.. but really.. i havnt heard any problems with them... i mean ACTUAL people saying their lighting fixture just flcked off or... they ballast lit into flames.... i have used coralife on alot of my tanks.. i have never had a problem with them

lololo.. i know.. alot of peole dont like coralife.. but really.. i havnt heard any problems with them... i mean ACTUAL people saying their lighting fixture just flcked off or... they ballast lit into flames.... i have used coralife on alot of my tanks.. i have never had a problem with them

good for you =P

90g wow.

Aquamedic.

Coralife = burn your house down.

fluidimagery

Sorry Caesar... but WTF is that avatar? :lol:

Looks like a sick form of Apache and now I will have nightmares

Archived