Pod Your Reef

Nano cube recall advise.

reefgaurd

I went to this recall site:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06111.html

It said,

"Consumers should stop using these aquariums immediately by turning off the power at the breaker switch and unplugging all the cords. "

I have this recall model. I use it as a tank for seahorses, clams, and tangs. Well, I'm a little confused. I made sure to follow these instructions. I turned everything off and unplugged everything. Now what do I do?

I went to this recall site:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06111.html

It said,

"Consumers should stop using these aquariums immediately by turning off the power at the breaker switch and unplugging all the cords. "

I have this recall model. I use it as a tank for seahorses, clams, and tangs. Well, I'm a little confused. I made sure to follow these instructions. I turned everything off and unplugged everything. Now what do I do?

Call the manufacturer, the number is in the recall notice. I think that they verify that your tank is one that is actually re-called, and if it is I think that they send you a either a new lid, or new tank.

This re-call is kinda old now, it was just on the first run of the lids. You might not be affected. Look to see if you have the white sticker with the bar code, if you don't then you are affected.

It says on the site to call Current for a free replacement aquarium.

Oh and you might want to put your livestock in a bucket with a heater, pump, and airstone.

**edit**Go here and read this more information

I need to take the livestock out? They seem to have been doing fine for the past few days. Although, I have to say, the maxima doesn't look that good and neither do the acro's. Now I'm worried. Maybe I should stop by WalMart tonight to get a bucket.

Obsessed Reefer

sry bout that. if you have your heater and pump running they should be fine. but you might wanna get new lighing.

What? But the instructions said to unplug all the cords immediately so I did. I'm confused. What should I do? If I plug the heater and pump back in will I get shocked? Should I take the livestock out before or after I plug in the heater and pump?

Obsessed Reefer

NO NO NO. They meant to unplug all the plugs that came stock with the AP(like the lights and idk if anything else came stock.) Plus you only get shocked if you have one of the two lighting cords in.

GO HERE it explains everything.

Ok, thanks. Now it all makes sense. Tonight, I'll pick up a bucket for the livestock. And then I'll plug in the heater and pump.

Obsessed Reefer

well you can keep the livestock in the tank. all you need to get a replacement is the two cords for the lighting.

Ya. I meant aquapod. Ok. So, I will get the replacement light bulb cords, then I'll pick up a bucket for the livestock, then I'll plug in the heater and pump (just to be safe). Right now, the water looks really foggy and stagnant. I hope the replacement cords come in soon. I ordered it fedex overnight...cost me about $55.00. They also charged me a box fee of $8. I'm putting down $63 total for this shipping. I told them to be sure to include the heating pad. It's still gets kind of cool here in Houston at night.

Reefguard, reminds me of that wonderful post when you found that Brain that fell out of your LR! It was inspiring to me. I followed your footsteps and cleaned my candy cane with a copper wire brush to get all that junk off the top, WORKED GREAT!

Obsessed Reefer

wait huh??? they were supposed to send you a brand new aquapod. you were supposed to ship them the cut off cords...?? im confused

I didn't send them any cords. I figured I was supposed to send them the hood. I don't know. Now you are confusing me. First you said to get a bucket for the livestock now you say leave them in the tank. They said to unplug all the cords you said to plug them in. First you said to order some new cords, and now you're telling me to send them some cords. I just want to know what to do next. I've got these seahorses, tangs, clams and acro's that don't look none too good. In fact it looks like the seahorses are hanging upside down from the acro's and the tangs keep picking at the clams. Maybe I should plug the pump back in. I've had this thing running for at least a month and I never had any problems. Now that it's been unplugged for the last few days, all hell has broken loose.

ViciousFishes
I didn't send them any cords. I figured I was supposed to send them the hood. I don't know. Now you are confusing me. First you said to get a bucket for the livestock now you say leave them in the tank. They said to unplug all the cords you said to plug them in. First you said to order some new cords, and now you're telling me to send them some cords. I just want to know what to do next. I've got these seahorses, tangs, clams and acro's that don't look none too good. In fact it looks like the seahorses are hanging upside down from the acro's and the tangs keep picking at the clams. Maybe I should plug the pump back in. I've had this thing running for at least a month and I never had any problems. Now that it's been unplugged for the last few days, all hell has broken loose.

Wow, this is the best comedy writing I've ever had the pleasure of reading.......

Ok. I cut all the cords. Now I just need to ship them off. The problem is now I can't plug in the heater and pump. But the livestock should still be fine. Like I said, they've survived without the pump and heater for the past few days, although it looks pretty ugly in there, with the tangs picking on the maximas.

Obsessed Reefer

i just told you to plug in the pump and heater... everything except the lights

did you cut the heater and pump cords??if so your an idiot.. did you even go to the site i told you???????

I can't plug them in. That thing you sent me told me to cut all the cords and send them to Current. In fact right now I'm boxing up the cords. I don't think I have the know-how to put the cords back on the heater and pump. But then again I could get shocked. To tell you the truth, I'd rather not risk it.

Archived